DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don’t Let Your Friends to Fly Your Drone

Or you crash it, you just bought it! Then you take his money and upgrade to a MM2.
As a friend you could say, bring 100 dolllars, give it too me, and if you crash it, I keep the 100 bucks to repair the drone. If no crash, I give you the 100 dollars back. Are we still friends? Truthfully though? I would probably let a friend fly it, but not let them take off or land. I would fly it to about 50 ft and then give them the controller. If I see any risk, like getting too close to something, i would take the controller back. Of course i'd explain all that to the friend first.

Last edited:
Reactions: shaneb50
I think what you're trying to say is: friends don't let friends fly their drones. ;)
I went into settings and limited it to 50 Feet up and 100 Feet away in an open Field! That’s about as far I’ll let you Fly until we all know better! I made my Granddaughters fly like that for a while and on my Mavic Pro 1 and Mavic Pro Zoom 2 Simulators!

Reactions: Gary R and noyan
In our country it seems not possible but, nice one. I’ll look into that. Thanks.

I went into settings and limited it to 50 Feet up and 100 Feet away in an open Field! That’s about as far I’ll let you Fly until we all know better! I made my Granddaughters fly like that for a while and on my Mavic Pro 1 and Mavic Pro Zoom 2 Simulators!
There is always the ground to hit

@Reginald E Johnson - another way.

The mini can use a 3rd party app - Maven - that in addition to waypoints for the Mini, you can easily setup a "Virtual Polygon Geofence" with maximum and minimum altitudes along with a polygon perimeter to keep it away from trees, buildings etc.

Just set it up, take off so the mini is above the minimum altitude and inside the "fence", initiate the fence and hand over the controls.... as your friend hands you some money, just in case he does a CSC engine stop or something else really stupid.

Reactions: noyan
Hi Folks,

Yesterday, my friend crashed my MM unfortunately. Which seemed impossible to crash in an open wide area. I’ve contacted and sent after to service for repairs.

So, this was a lesson for me not to give the controller to friends who asks.

Stay safe.

9a676031d73b605aba9bb39cbd9d7e47.jpg
7e552cce9d8bf228138b754e0cf53ee5.jpg
22381827e84b1e62b41d13d30e0a06a2.jpg
props are cheap. Friends aren't

Hi Folks,

Yesterday, my friend crashed my MM unfortunately. Which seemed impossible to crash in an open wide area. I’ve contacted and sent after to service for repairs.

So, this was a lesson for me not to give the controller to friends who asks.

Stay safe.

9a676031d73b605aba9bb39cbd9d7e47.jpg
7e552cce9d8bf228138b754e0cf53ee5.jpg
22381827e84b1e62b41d13d30e0a06a2.jpg
Oh, such a pity.... ?

Oh no sorry about the mishap.anything could go wrong while some one else flush your drone.
I just had a unfortunate accident. My drone went crazy and crashed right into my leg cutting me in two places.

Oh no sorry about the mishap.anything could go wrong while some one else flush your drone.
I just had a unfortunate accident. My drone went crazy and crashed right into my leg cutting me in two places.

Sorry to hear that. Hope you’ll get well soon.

Reactions: shaneb50
I let my friend with no experience whatsoever fly the FPV with the motion controller in normal mode. Just told him to stay high, and asked him for the battery level every now and then. When after a while he called that it was till at 80% I had to check, turned out he was giving me the battery level for the goggles! :'-) But other then that, it's pretty intuitive/fail safe to fly with the MC. Even let my 11 year old niece fly it. It's so nice to be able to share the FPV experience! With the Mavics... hm, I think I would be very hesitant to let anyone fly it. After all, these things may look like toys, it's a substantial cost for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22