DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Done with Litchi & CrystalSky

mackt83

Reactions
Seriously Litchi why release it and charge people when you know that it’s potentially hazardous to our expensive drones. This is a quote this morning from Litchi after an almost tragic experience yesterday involving the two. Granted I’ve had amongst others issues but it’s clear this is getting deleted. All I could think about is how DJI is not going to support me considering I wasn’t using their app.

Me: “Hi, I seem to be running into quite a few issues with Litchi on the CrystalSky since the May 28th update. I almost lost my Mavic Air yesterday after loading a waypoint mission. I have uploaded some airdata screenshots. But the synopsis is this, aircraft took off to planned 1st waypoint altitude, and without any warning appeared to have lost a data connection, I noted that it seemed weird because no waypoints appeared on the map. Although it went to the first waypoint and continued. However, no recording started, and the gimbal had no correct movements, just appeared to have moved in which ever direction it felt. So I deciced to RTH, and elected to go to sport mode and just fly it home. Afterwards everything crashed, the Litchi app froze and my whole CS unit became unresponsive, no side buttons were functioning. I was able to reboot and launch DJI GO, which then immediately connected to the aircraft and I hit RTH which it then did. As you will see from the screen shots, there is no data between it leaving the intial point of takeoff to where I reconnected DJI GO.

Litchi
Hello,

If you have the choice between iOS and Crystalsky, we recommend iOS as it's better for Litchi overall, in terms of performance and reliability. We will continue to try and improve the crystalsky version in future updates
Litchi:

Google Play will install on the CS via apkPure. The problem is it is very unstable, and the installation of DJI and Litchi cause quite a few problems, as noted in my opening rant. I followed Litchi’s advice and installed it on iOS and just switch back and forth now, it’s not ideal but it works without any problems. A shame really though.

I installed it from apkpure and it just keeps throwing errors, "google play service has stopped working" and none of the apps I tried to install worked like drone deploy. Apple needs to make a 1000 nit Ipad. I have never like the way any of the DJI and DJI 3rd party apps worked on Android. I like android, I have a LG phone and watch not not for drones.

I'm installing google play via Fireflash. Maybe this makes the difference for stable work.

After rooting the tablet, one can install the next firmware and this will overwrite the root and the tablet will be as stock one. Then again have to root the tablet if there is a supporting rooting tool made for the new firmware.

Im not sure did the method I use works with the last 2 firmwares, Im still on the one before them.

Drone deply is not working on mine too, actually none of the geomapping apps I've tried runs on the rooted tablet. For those jobs I'm going back to my phone :(
I installed it from apkpure and it just keeps throwing errors, "google play service has stopped working" and none of the apps I tried to install worked like drone deploy. Apple needs to make a 1000 nit Ipad. I have never like the way any of the DJI and DJI 3rd party apps worked on Android. I like android, I have a LG phone and watch not not for drones.

Reactions: rstekeur
Thanks niki, I've read some people have had luck with google play, DJI needs to include it now that they alow 3rd party apps, I'm sure they could if they wanted to.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+