DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't drop your controller!

RobertD

Reactions
Pretty obvious, but be careful with your Mavic Pro controller. I was using a neck strap connected to a aftermarket device placed between the phone and controller. I usually keep my hands on the controller at all times, but this time I bent down to replace the Mavic battery and the controller fell about two feet to the pavement. Just a slight fall and a minor scuff mark near the right photo button. Well the Gimbal wheel is not working. It is very hard to move and sticks, forcing the gimbal to keep moving in one direction. Needless to say, frustrating. Took it to the dealer who said he can fix it for about $30. I'll get it back in a week. No flying till then!

I found one rubber cover for the controller, but poor reviews. I'll be more careful next time.

I can see it being easy to do and was thinking a small lanyard would maybe be a good idea to avoid that as I have some cameras that can be a bit slippery to hold which the wrist strap is great for but there doesn't seem to be a mounting point on the controller.

Reactions: beejAMG
You can still fly via phone and WiFi, no? Check your mavic's manual. Range is gonna suck... But better than nothing.

Casted from my throne using Tapatalk

I can see it being easy to do and was thinking a small lanyard would maybe be a good idea to avoid that as I have some cameras that can be a bit slippery to hold which the wrist strap is great for but there doesn't seem to be a mounting point on the controller.
I wonder if you could tie it to the slit where you mount your phone, wonder if there would be enough room for it and a phone.

Sent from my HTCD160LVWPP using MavicPilots mobile app

You can still fly via phone and WiFi, no? Check your mavic's manual. Range is gonna suck... But better than nothing.

Casted from my throne using Tapatalk
Oh wow! I forgot! Thank you.

Here is the neck strap adapter I use. It mounts between the controller and phone. $5.00 in Thailand with free shipping.

upload_2017-3-2_10-31-48.png

Well that makes me worry! I've got the same lanyard adapter.

What exactly happened? Did the phone slip out of place causing the bracket to come loose and come out? Also what kind of phone was it?

I have a Samsung S7 Edge and it slipped just enough that the lanyard holder released. I had the phone almost all the way in, but left about 1/8 inch to prevent the volume button from being depressed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803