Don't make this mistake with your Mavic Air 2 props

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
mavichelp.com

Good tip and really stupid of DJI to allow the props to be put on the wrong motors. Especially considering that the MA2 may be a first time drone for many.

However WOW is that video overkill. He keeps saying the same thing over and over. Could have done the same thing in less than 30 seconds or maybe with a few sentences like....

Mavic Air propellers can be be installed on any motor. There is no safety interlock to ensure that you can only mount the propeller on the correct motor. Be very careful when mounting your props to make sure they are on the correct motor!

Reactions: crosswired
This was the same with the air one. You had to match them visually. Pretty easy to do.

This was the same with the air one. You had to match them visually. Pretty easy to do.
Really? I will need to test that out. I never tried putting them on the wrong motor.

Sorry but that is not correct. I wanted to check before I could say for sure. I did just check on the original MA and you can NOT put the props on the wrong motors. I tried as best I could to swap the rear props and there is no way you can put the prop on the wrong motor unless you somehow break the prop or locking mechanism on the motor.

Sorry but that is not correct. I wanted to check before I could say for sure. I did just check on the original MA and you can NOT put the props on the wrong motors. I tried as best I could to swap the rear props and there is no way you can put the prop on the wrong motor unless you somehow break the prop or locking mechanism on the motor.

I never tried so maybe I’m wrong on that. Anyhow DJI has no choice because of they did they would not be able to sell the Mavic air 2 in the US. Autel owns that patent.

This was the same with the air one.
I never tried so maybe I’m wrong on that.
Um, your first post pretty much stated it as a fact...

Anyhow DJI has no choice because of they did they would not be able to sell the Mavic air 2 in the US. Autel owns that patent.
Not actually true about DJI not having a choice. Although Autel does have a patent covering a very broad feature, and even though they won an initial ruling with the ITC, it turns out the patent itself has now been ruled to be overly broad. The patent trials and appeals board ruled (one week after the ITC ruled for Autel) that the patent is not enforceable. Of course there is still more legal wrangling that will go on, but as of right now, no DJI drones are infringing on these Autel patents.

It's impossible to put Mavic Air 1 props on the wrong motor, seating tabs in the hub prevent it.

Last edited:
Most likely as a result of the patent lawsuit with Autel.
My thoughts exactly, though the patent is ridiculously wide ranging, it's a wonder Autel did not manage to patent propellers and ESCs while they were at it... (It smacks of Apple patents, plagiarising other peoples ideas, then making it impossible to fight back by throwing millions into the legal battle . Just an opinion..)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat