DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downgrading Mavic 3 from 700 / 800 firmware?

dotquod

Reactions
Hi there.

Is there any way to downgrade the Mavic 3 from the latest 800 version to, let's say, 600? Assistant 2 stopped showing the firmwares below the 700 version. But I guess and hope it's only blocked in the Assistant itself, not the drone. Is it possible to do with 3rd party tools like Drone Hacks or anything else?

Only via Drone-hacks website, can be done, I did mine.

Reactions: zeusfl and dotquod
Only via Drone-hacks website, can be done, I did mine.
Thanks for reply!
Did you experience any problems? I'm asking because I found someone's comment (either here or on the official DJI forum, can't remember) that the downgrading is quite risky since it can end up with a disabled GPS module or even having a brick instead of a drone. Not sure that's all true but decided to clarify.

Thanks for reply!
Did you experience any problems? I'm asking because I found someone's comment (either here or on the official DJI forum, can't remember) that the downgrading is quite risky since it can end up with a disabled GPS module or even having a brick instead of a drone. Not sure that's all true but decided to clarify.
Could I ask why you would want to go back to a previous firmware? I have been keeping current with each firmware on my M3.

Dale

I personally don't like to go backwards. There is usually a reason for the update.

I really like the new firmware.
I can't find a good reason for downgrading.

Reactions: Starz
Thanks for reply!
I know @Suren made the comment that downgrading makes his drone has issues with sensors. In my case, I have done this many times (just for testing) with drone-hacks without issues. But that's my case, I can not speak for everybody. @Suren I am sure he knows what he is doing as well so I take his word into consideration as a precaution since he is a very well-known user and tester as well.

Reactions: dotquod
Hey guys. Thanks for continuing the conversation.

Could I ask why you would want to go back to a previous firmware? I have been keeping current with each firmware on my M3.

Dale
I can't say directly but this all is related to DJI's Aeroscope, the tragic events in Ukraine that escalated on Feb. 24, and how we have to use all these amazing drones now.
I know @Suren made the comment that downgrading makes his drone has issues with sensors. In my case, I have done this many times (just for testing) with drone-hacks without issues. But that's my case, I can not speak for everybody. @Suren I am sure he knows what he is doing as well so I take his word into consideration as a precaution since he is a very well-known user and tester as well.
Yep and that bothers me a lot. I don't want to get a brick instead of an almost new drone :(
BTW, I wonder where can I find the firmware for the mentions M3, since I see none on the DankDroneDownloader website.

Hey guys. Thanks for continuing the conversation.

I can't say directly but this all is related to DJI's Aeroscope, the tragic events in Ukraine that escalated on Feb. 24, and how we have to use all these amazing drones now.

Yep and that bothers me a lot. I don't want to get a brick instead of an almost new drone :(
BTW, I wonder where can I find the firmware for the mentions M3, since I see none on the DankDroneDownloader website.
Check your PM.

Reactions: dotquod
Hey Mate, Hope you are well. Have you tried to downgrade from kets say 0800 to 0600 for example?

Hey Mate, Hope you are well. Have you tried to downgrade from kets say 0800 to 0600 for example?
With drone-hacks yes from 700 to 6.42 - 6.48. Do you have the 600 fw bin? I may have it but I need it for sure.

With drone-hacks yes from 700 to 6.42 - 6.48. Do you have the 600 fw bin? I may have it but I need it for sure.
I am sure I still have it on my windows hard drive but it can be downloaded from dankdownloader website. The issues come in with GPS when you go back to 0600 firmware.

I am sure I still have it on my windows hard drive but it can be downloaded from dankdownloader website. The issues come in with GPS when you go back to 0600 firmware.
I personally do not experience that problem. I know you mention you do. Let me wonder if they are using different modules.

Reactions: solidhouse
I personally do not experience that problem. I know you mention you do. Let me wonder if they are using different modules.
Could be a possibility. I will downgrade today when I get home from work and post screenshots. Honestly I have not tried downgrading in a while so maybe it's fixed but will give it a go later today.

Reactions: zeusfl
Maybe there was a bug involving GPS in .600? And it was fixed in later versions?

I love it. Fixed a bug that showed up and created a new bug for something that used to be working just fine.

In our next release...

No go with the downgrade via DH app. There is an anti-rollback value of 1 in the new drone FW after FW 0601. From FW 0601 and below the anti rollback value is 0, so if both the drone current FW value and the FW that you want to flash do not match, you cannot downgrade. Dji were clever in adding this in as it stops anyone from downgrading.

@Lasidora @zeusfl @Suren
Ok guys, can you please describe your experience of downgrading in detail? Which version you had and which version you tried to downgrade to and what exactly you received in the end? I want to know what scenario I should prepare myself for, since in my situation I definitely don't want to get a brick since it's not only quite expensive to replace M3 here but it's quite hard to find a new one because of a deficit.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard