DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drifting to the Right

Dgardner007

Reactions
To my fellow MPPs, has anyone notice drifting to the right or left during sport mode braking ?

I have come to notice on several runs while in sport mode and i release the stick...the AC

enters full braking as it slows to a stop then it drifts quite a bit before going into a stable

after braking. Coukd this be a calibration issue?

ive had a similar thing in normal mode when OA kicked in whilst going full tilt as this video shows,

Reactions: William Stinessen
my Mavic also has the same problem. when going forwards and braking it drifts to the left. when going backwards and braking it drifts to the right. the faster i go and the harder it brakes the more drift. for example in sports mode at 60kmh it will drift about 6M upon braking. in normal mode at 15kmh it will drift 1M upon braking. (braking - returning the stick to centre).

Anyone find a fix on this? I just noticed my latest MPP doing this. This is the 3rd drone. The first one flew perfectly (didn't even wiggle at hover) but i had a motor over-current error once and it scared me so I contacted DJI. They said to send it back. Next one (most likely a refurbish) gave me too many scares and no matter how many calibrations, it wouldn't hover or fly straight and always made wide turns even after adjusting every setting. Contacted DJI. They said to send it back. Got another refurbished, I'm sure, and this one seems to do "ok" (not perfect hover but better), but then I notice that it pulls right and HARD on braking. Calibrated everything and still does it. I even used an engineer level to make sure the table that I did the IMU on was perfectly level. I'm getting frustrated.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan