DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drifting

MisterMavic

Reactions
I had an issue the other day, I've had my Mavic lift off in the living room several times and I'd rotate it around and set it back down. No issues, the Mavic is incredibly stable even indoors. Then one day I lifted off and the Mavic drifted back into the wall. I recovered the Mavic, replaced a broken prop and reviewed all my settings and calibrations and attempted it again, just as I had several times before and again the Mavic just kept drifting around the room. I was able to control it and land it safely but couldn't understand why the Mavic was behaving this way. Well I attempted several more flights all with the same result, the Mavic would lift off and immediately begin drifting which would require constant input from the controller to land it without crashing. I don't want to fly indoors and don't intend to do so, I just want to understand what is going on.

Lighting is usually the problem. But first be sure you have VPS turned on. If it is on, then be sure your floor is "varied". It won't work on a plain surface. Then as I said make sure there is plenty of light. If all of that is good and you're still drifting, be sure your two bottom facing cameras are clean. It should be rock solid!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinstonH