DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone activation and account binding

FriedSpaghetti

Reactions
If I sell my mini 2 to someone else, but I already bound and activated the drone with my email address, will the new owner be able to just attach his account to the drone, or will they need some kind of password from me to bind their account to the drone?
Also, is it possible for them to see my email address when they get the drone? I wouldn't want a random person knowing my email because I use it for private things.

Reactions: old man mavic
@FriedSpaghetti all you need to do is remove the Micro SD card from the drone ,the new owner will then have to download the fly app to the device they are going to use to fly it
and in order to do so, they will have to provide their own Email address ,which will then be used to fly the same as you did when you first set your Mini2 up, any flight info that you have accrued will always be bound to your DJI account and email address ,the new owner will be able to see info on the battery usage in the app ,when the drone is connected, but not your flight info

@FriedSpaghetti all you need to do is remove the Micro SD card from the drone ,the new owner will then have to download the fly app to the device they are going to use to fly it
and in order to do so, they will have to provide their own Email address ,which will then be used to fly the same as you did when you first set your Mini2 up, any flight info that you have accrued will always be bound to your DJI account and email address ,the new owner will be able to see info on the battery usage in the app ,when the drone is connected, but not your flight info
alright thanks for the info!

Reactions: Greasy
I believe you need to unbind it from your app since they added that flyaway coverage where you bind your device to the controller.

I didn't buy dji care refresh for it so do I need to unbind it anyway?
I'm not sure but I know they added that to the firmware when they offered fly away coverage so I suppose it would be in the app. If you didn't physically go in there and bind it however, it was not on by default.

Reactions: FriedSpaghetti

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samdesign