DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone caught in grass.

And while looking around on Amazon for a landing mat consider ordering some "outdoor picnic tablecloth weights." The drone pad I got and others come with small metal or plastic "stakes." Sometimes the dirt in the grass is way too hard to push into. So I bought some attractive "stone" weights. They clip on. You get 8 so I keep 4 with the folded drone pad and 4 spares.

1572267819414.png

Reactions: MontanaVisuals
Yeah i think it is best, is there anything i can use in the meantime that will act as a landing mat?
I have 2 landing pads but there’s times I fly out side my house and use a 24x24 piece of siding that I put aside and toss it on the grass and works better than the landing pad

For my P3 I tried cardboard and thick welcome mat and had problems with prop wash. When I bought the M2, I also ordered the circular landing pad. The price was worth getting past the aggravation of DYI solutions that don't quite work. It's light weight, folds up, and the ring design avoids flipping around in prop wash. Even in light wind it stays on the ground well without staking.

Reactions: MontanaVisuals
I built this equip holding board and if turned over you can takeoff or land. I saw a product for sale similar to this for sale on the forum. Not perfect but it works. Still practicing the landing .

Attachments

• 64DD8A1A-BB3D-411F-831B-2E23A648D452.jpeg
    64DD8A1A-BB3D-411F-831B-2E23A648D452.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
We recently replaced our outside door mats. I kept one of them, it is a flat one and not made for scraping your feet on. I now use it for take of and landings when the terrain demands it. It works great.

Reactions: PAW
The props are pretty fragile. They are going to do a pretty good job of protecting the motor by taking the hit. I always hand catch. its so simple.. just walk up to the drone at around chest level and land it on your hand. You are going to need a hard takeoff surface and I guess as we all know..don't use the middle of a road. Lot's of people hand launch. I haven't tried it. I don't like extenders at all. They are an invitation to tip over in anything but the best terrain. Any of the phantoms will teach you that and they sure won't get you up out the dust and pebbles on takeoff. One look at you video will verify it. Taking the mat out of your car seems like a genius idea..thanks to the guy who posted that

If I was hiking or biking, a simple triangle piece of rip stop nylon with 3 grommets and some fishing weights or tent stakes can be highly portable.

I use the roof of my car.........
I do the same with my car, which has panoramic glass roof. But when I tried on a different car with normal roof, I was getting magnetic interference error each time and couldn't take off [emoji14]

Can you recommend a good prop wash? Mine are getting pretty dirty. And while you're at it, do you know what is the best brand of blinker fluid?
For my P3 I tried cardboard and thick welcome mat and had problems with prop wash. When I bought the M2, I also ordered the circular landing pad. The price was worth getting past the aggravation of DYI solutions that don't quite work. It's light weight, folds up, and the ring design avoids flipping around in prop wash. Even in light wind it stays on the ground well without staking.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1