Get more from your Mavic
The largest Mavic community in the world
Join Us Now

drone crashed today, destroyed need advice

palo34

Reaction score
My drone crashed a few minutes ago.
It lost signal, and was about to return home, and never came back.
I found it 150 FT from the last location it has signal, not closer to where I was. Strange behavior, I don't have the insurance what is the best way to get the support / repair / replacement fastest.

Attachments

Last edited:

Capt KO

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. You could try opening a ticket with DJI. You might get lucky.

You might want to post the flight log here so the smart guys can diagnose what went wrong. Hopefully someone will post the link shortly.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod

palo34

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. You could try opening a ticket with DJI. You might get lucky.

You might want to post the flight log here so the smart guys can diagnose what went wrong. Hopefully someone will post the link shortly.
it is possible the drone flew into the tree in opposite direction where I was while coming home.

palo34

Reaction score
Please let us know what price they quote. A new one on eBay, without battery or controller, goes for about $250.
thank you.. of course, I will also, try to get the logs loaded here.. searching for another thread with the instructinos.

UPDATE: uploaded the logs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt KO

Capt KO

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Let the fun begin. It should be interesting to find out what happened, always is.

ChipDjipro

Reaction score
Depending on how bad it is for a few dollars more you could probably just buy a new one. Any pics of it.

Meanderthal

Reaction score
How extensive is the damage?

If the gimbal and camera are still functional you might want to consider buying parts on ebay and attempting to repair yourself.

Link to teardown video:

sar104

Dic mihi solum facta, domina.
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
My drone crashed a few minutes ago.
It lost signal, and was about to return home, and never came back.
I found it 150 FT from the last location it has signal, not closer to where I was. Strange behavior, I don't have the insurance what is the best way to get the support / repair / replacement fastest.

That was hardware failure, and should be covered under warranty:

Climb.png

Things started to go wrong at 583 s when you released the throttle. The GPS module and sensor errors appear to have been fatal, and the aircraft basically went into free fall, reaching 17 m/s (37 mph). I'm not surprised it was destroyed on impact.

palo34

Reaction score
Depending on how bad it is for a few dollars more you could probably just buy a new one. Any pics of it.
one arm is broken,
the gimbal was detached, seems to be operational,
The battery compartment does not close securetly.

I thought about even using a frame and mounting the components If I am stuck with this.

Attachments

sar104

Dic mihi solum facta, domina.
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
there is the video footage..
OK - well that's a great illustration of how to misinterpret the flight data. It never occurred to me to check if you flew it into an obstacle, so I never bothered looking at the velocity data, nor worried about why the yaw response happened before the errors. Very careless.

So yes - that is what the data shows - simultaneous forward motion with descent, followed by an impact. The GPS and sensor errors were a result of that, not the cause, and the high vertical speed after impact was obviously due to the sensor error, and not real.

Vel_forwards.png

So unfortunately that was not a hardware problem, except in the sense that the hardware lost the battle with the tree, and won't be covered under warranty.

dirkclod

Staff Member
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
OK - well that's a great illustration of how to misinterpret the flight data. It never occurred to me to check if you flew it into an obstacle
Would have been nice if he had posted all the facts in his opening post huh. ;)

All E RC Mavic Drones

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IslandInTheSky