DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

drone crashed today, destroyed need advice

Show video first before wasting everyones time

The log was posted 15 minutes after the flight, so quite likely he hadn't retrieved the video. Also note that he wasn't actually asking for help determining what happened.

The log was posted 15 minutes after the flight, so quite likely he hadn't retrieved the video. Also note that he wasn't actually asking for help determining what happened.

“Show video first before wasting everyones time”

He did not waste any of my time so keep me out of your “everyone” try to be more sensitive to ones lost.

Last edited:
Perhaps, if he knew them. That said, it was a valid test that I failed.
Naaa you didn’t. He knew what he hit as he found it .
ya still scoring 100.?

Reactions: Mrveronn and sar104
sorry, I hope you did not waste hrs of your time. if so I feel very bad.

I left the SDCARD and dron in my car.
the SDCard file was corrupted, and it wasn't until I turned on the dron that i was able to view the image.

Show video first before wasting everyones time

Reactions: SouthButNotOut
OK - well that's a great illustration of how to misinterpret the flight data. It never occurred to me to check if you flew it into an obstacle, so I never bothered looking at the velocity data, nor worried about why the yaw response happened before the errors. Very careless.

So yes - that is what the data shows - simultaneous forward motion with descent, followed by an impact. The GPS and sensor errors were a result of that, not the cause, and the high vertical speed after impact was obviously due to the sensor error, and not real.

View attachment 98064

So unfortunately that was not a hardware problem, except in the sense that the hardware lost the battle with the tree, and won't be covered under warranty.
thanks for taking the time, I learned a lot on this bad experience.
I was under the impression that the drone was returning home with no telemetry nor image. Thank you again, I feel very stupid about all this.. sorry.

Last edited:
thanks for taking the time, I learned a lot on this bad experience.
I was under the impression that the drone was returning home with no telemetry nor image. Thank you again, I feel very stupid about all this.. sorry.

Not a problem - I like a challenge.

Reactions: Peio64270
yeah, my fault.
I did not have all the facts until after the posting...video was corrupted and I fixed it by starting the drone with the card inside.
The fact i was referring to is it hit the tree and you knew that and at the time I posted i thought it was in RTH.
I see now from sar it wasn't.

Hope you can replace your drone.

You know you won't do that again.
being home with no drone is hard... with the corona virus was the only excitement I got.. there are quiet a few lesons to learn on this.

Update contacted support, and they are amazing, they feel like a company from california.
I will send it to DJI anyways. they are to send me a label by tomorrow.

Reactions: Mrveronn
Beauty!

And ya... I think the Corona is getting to everyone now. Not much end in site either yet it seems. The drone takes you away for a 30 minuet stretch at a time. It's priceless!~

that's strange I lost signal, and saw the warning that it was going to return home.

No - it never lost signal prior to crashing. It entered RTH mode at 560 seconds because you pressed the RC RTH button, but then you cancelled it 10 seconds later. You were flying it with the sticks when it crashed - down throttle and forward elevator:

sticks.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98