DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Director app for iPhone (Dronies)

willsmith6000

Reactions
Does anyone have any experience using this iPhone app? I am interested for any hands on reviews as I can't find anything online...

Drone Director - Automatic flight modes for DJI by Anett Wywiol
Drone Director - Automatic flight modes for DJI on the App Store

I am very interested in the 'Quickshot' intelligent flight modes available for spark, in particular the 'dronie'. It seems that the Drone Director app offers an 'auto fly' mode which looks basically the same as 'dronie' on the spark.

I have been practising manual dronies on my mavic but would be great to have this automatic flight mode to capture the prefect dronie!

Any other suggestion on how to do a dronie would be interesting! Thanks.

Does anyone have any experience using this iPhone app? I am interested for any hands on reviews as I can't find anything online...

Drone Director - Automatic flight modes for DJI by Anett Wywiol
Drone Director - Automatic flight modes for DJI on the App Store

I am very interested in the 'Quickshot' intelligent flight modes available for spark, in particular the 'dronie'. It seems that the Drone Director app offers an 'auto fly' mode which looks basically the same as 'dronie' on the spark.

I have been practising manual dronies on my mavic but would be great to have this automatic flight mode to capture the prefect dronie!

Any other suggestion on how to do a dronie would be interesting! Thanks.

Hi willsmith6000,

I think you can find some nice how-to videos on youtube. Looks like a very nice app!

Since you've asked for other suggestions as well, and if you are ok with Android, you can try Drone Harmony. It has all the spark quickshots, but for mavic and pahntom drones (in the future also for other DJI drones), as well as many more options. This blog post introduces the automatic missions you are looking for. Take a look at later posts to also find other automatic missions, and let us know if you have questions!

Best,

DH Team

Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I don't have android, iPhone only..

Would be interested to see if anyone here has tried our Drone Director?

Otherwise do you know of any apps for iOS that would help me do the dronies?

Don't suppose litchi has such feature?

Well this app is only $1 today but only today it says.if recommend everyone buy it to have a tinker with! [emoji3]

Just tried it out on two flights and Im not impressed..... video is very very laggy and jumpy. Its not very user friendly....Ill stick with the DJI Go4 and Litchi. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: Steveyg777