DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone flight over Raptors' NBA Championship Celebration

• Sad
Reactions: drakkor and TiagoDS
And very little investigation or enforcement it appears. It's a virtual green light for people to ignore the rules which will not be good for those of us that do follow the rules.

he actually had another video at yonge-dundas square when the raptors won that night. he doesn't have license or permission to fly at all.

Wow! Thats like giving the middle finger to Canada's strict drone flight rules and regulations. Perhaps he is testing the waters to determine if the policies will be enforced and to what degree.

Dont be that guy!

Im sure they will add more rules, restrictions and no fly zones for the people that ignore all rules restrictions and no fly zones.

Reactions: drakkor
When someone has a blatant disrespect for rules, laws, and the people they fly over, will inevitably make it harder for those who do.

I agree flying over people is a no-go, but ... the drone rules are to strict. it should be possible to fly without to much hassle in abandoned zones, far away from no-fly zones. A two hours course explaining what you can and can't should be enough for recreational flying... When rules are to strict, people don't obey anymore. even the rules that make sense...

Has it been proven that the operator wasn't authorized to fly over the event? I would hate to see all this belly aching when the guy or gal did everything they were supposed to. I know the US has a list of every drone authorization they (FAA) issue, not sure if Canada does the same?

Has it been proven that the operator wasn't authorized to fly over the event? I would hate to see all this belly aching when the guy or gal did everything they were supposed to. I know the US has a list of every drone authorization they (FAA) issue, not sure if Canada does the same?

he admitted that he did not know the laws and licensing already.

it should be possible to fly without to much hassle in abandoned zones, far away from no-fly zones. A two hours course explaining what you can and can't should be enough for recreational flying... When rules are to strict, people don't obey anymore. even the rules that make sense...

I'll re-rewrite part of the above post:-

"It should is be possible to fly without to too much hassle in abandoned zones, far away from no-fly zones. A two hours course 30 minute video explaining what you can and can't should be enough for recreational flying... When rules are to too strict, people irresponsible idiots don't obey anymore. even the rules that make sense...

Nothing like seeing people with phones up to their face while driving 60 mph. (Here in Florida it's illegal) Must have seen 30 on the way home yesterday, I'm sure I'll see more today....it's a everyday thing!
The unlawfull behaviour of one does not justify the unlawfull act of someone else.

Reactions: deleted member 877
Fully agree. Sadly this forum is top heavy with that kind of invalid argument.
It is what we call the "but he did..." excuse used by the children at school.

But to be serious: I think it is a general attitude with many people in todays society. "I want, I can, so I do!" regardless of what the impact may be on other people. When I was young, many, many years ago, I learned that the simple fact that I want and I can does not mean that I should. Ignoring that was called "selfish" and not accepted in society.

What people like the operator of the mentioned flight seem to forget (if not to say simply ignore for selfish reasons) is, that by their actions they will force more and more limits to the freedom of other people. The paradox then is, that if the freedom is limited, they blame "the gouvernment" and "others" for doing it, not seeing their own part as being the cause.

For those who realize that freedom comes with responsibility, we only can repeat endless: Behave in a responsible way.

Reactions: deleted member 877
he's dumb but he's also right. most people are upset not because of concern for the crowd but because they spent all that money on their drone and they didn't fly it.

It's like the young asian tourist in Iceland who went up to my face and scolded me for flying my drone. he was so upset and told me it's not allowed. lol

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000