DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone for inventories

klad

Reactions
Hi, I'm new to this world.
Currently, I'm trying to develope an application to be able to do warehouse inventories, but I'm struggling about what drone suits the requirements.
I've seen on some comercial projects: they are using the MAVIC 2 PRO, but it's not sold anymore from DJI.
Reading a lot of infos and specs about the MAVIC AIR 2S, it seems to suits the requirements, but I'm not sure.
I've already tried with a MINI2, and the images from the barcodes are really blurries, aside of the speed.

Has anyone tried something of this kind, or at least read any barcode with a AIR 2S?

Thanks in advance to anyone can help!

Has anyone tried something of this kind, or at least read any barcode with a AIR 2S?
DJI drones have wideangle lenses for shooting landscapes and large scenes.
None of them are likely to provide good detail of small items like barcodes

Welcome Klad to the forum, can’t help you with your query, have you thought about posting on Commercial Pilots forum.
I recently read an article about small security drones that operate in side buildings.
Regards

DJI drones have wideangle lenses for shooting landscapes and large scenes.
None of them are likely to provide good detail of small items like barcodes

I know it's not the best behavior, but I've seen projects using the MAVIC 2 PRO... so it should be capable... the handicap for me is that I can not test this drone.

Anyway, thanks for the answer! :)

Welcome Klad to the forum, can’t help you with your query, have you thought about posting on Commercial Pilots forum.
I recently read an article about small security drones that operate in side buildings.
Regards

Thanks, I'm gonna try to look for it (if I can find it)

Reactions: Gagey52
Thanks, I'm gonna try to look for it (if I can find it)
The link to the commercial pilots Forum is at the bottom of this page, under the heading 'Calling All Drone Pilots!' Good luck in your research.

• Love
Reactions: klad
The Mavic Zoom might be an option since it has an optical zoom that would make reading the codes from distance a little better.

Hi, I would use Mavic 3E Enterprise with RTK and map all. 2 cents

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky