DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone is pretty warm fans freaking out

Cstein

Reactions
So I've noticed since day 1 that the fans on my mavic zoom kick on full throttle after about a minute up in the air. So tonight i took the props off and connected to the drone just to dial in some settings and update. Well i got the settings done and went to pick up my drone to plug it into the comp and update and the fan on it and the controller were going hog wild and the drone was noticeably pretty warm, almost hot. Is this even kinda normal? Please help

So I've noticed since day 1 that the fans on my mavic zoom kick on full throttle after about a minute up in the air. So tonight i took the props off and connected to the drone just to dial in some settings and update. Well i got the settings done and went to pick up my drone to plug it into the comp and update and the fan on it and the controller were going hog wild and the drone was noticeably pretty warm, almost hot. Is this even kinda normal? Please help

Yep it is this way for both my Pro and Air. I never run them for more than a few minutes when doing updates or downloading pics if possible.

Warm, yes. Hot, no.
Strange that the AC and the RC are kicking up their fans, unless your interpretation of RC's fan in high gear is different than mine.

Warm, yes. Hot, no.
Strange that the AC and the RC are kicking up their fans, unless your interpretation of RC's fan in high gear is different than mine.

I did not catch that the RC's fans were running, don't remember that happening.

Lets just say if my laptop sounded like that id get a new one lmao i didnt know there was levels to this ish

OP, Im REALLY glad you brought this topic up because I have been meaning to create a thread on it for a while.

On the Mavic 2 Po and Zoom, the fan comes on at low speed immediately upon startup. When the internal components reach 106° the fan kicks into high gear until the components have cooled down, or the drone has been shut off. It is totally normal, and it's doing what it's supposed to do to keep the drone cool. If you are in a warm, climate, you can expect the fan to stay on high most of the time that the drone is on. For those in a cooler climate, below 60° ambient temps, then the fan might remain at low speed during hover or forward flight.

On the Mavic Pro, the fan came on full speed and shut off when it wasnt needed. The Mavic 2 has a variable speed fan that speeds up the closer the internal components come to 106°.

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
assassin23