DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone landing pad

That sure would attract ET's attention!

I bought one of those foldable landing pads with a LED strip but turned out the lights were very weak and pointless to have. So what I have now is a very bright light which I shine upwards so I can see the home point from the air when landing. The light can flash as well so it can be identified more easily.

What is it made from and how are you controlling the led,what's the boxes under the pad??Nice paint job!
the leds have motion sensors on them. the motion sensors reach out up to 25 feet in the air.

Very impressive landing pad(s) here. With the little "precise landing" box checked before take-off- the Mavics' autonomous RTH and landing are incredibly accurate - IF they can "see" where to land, which they surely could with your system.
thanks. I am planning on trying that when the weather breaks, here. (lots of snow and freezing rain here right now)

How long did it take? I'm guessing you like tinkering with electronics?
I have a master in computers and electronic. I got a lot of my training when I was on active duty in USMC. I order some of my parts from ebay(LEDS), wiring, wood, screw, stain, paint, etc from lowes and home depot. I have been working on it since the beginning of last summer, just finish it couple of days ago. I also work full time, so I only work on it in my spare time, kids, wife, family. (I hope you get the picture)

I am trying to decide what to use on the bottom to cover the wiring.
Closed-cell foam with a peel-off sticky backing may work, as that would keep the dirt & moisture out.
I've got this picture in my head tho' - of your Mavic in the DJI man-bag over your shoulder, while you wheel-barrow your landing pad out to the take-off site! :)
Or - is this a permanent fixture on your castle @crimjohnson ?

Closed-cell foam with a peel-off sticky backing may work, as that would keep the dirt & moisture out.
I've got this picture in my head tho' - of your Mavic in the DJI man-bag over your shoulder, while you wheel-barrow your landing pad out to the take-off site! :)
Or - is this a permanent fixture on your castle @crimjohnson ?
you are correct....it is bulky...38 x 36..
I do own a much smaller one, that is folderable...one I purchase off amazon.

but this big one does fit in the back of my vechicle, if I need or want to take it somewhere with me.

this cost me less than 1 US dollar.still not complete.need to put some weight in the corners

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190122-072417.png
    Screenshot_20190122-072417.png
    802.2 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_20190122-072915.png
    Screenshot_20190122-072915.png
    876.1 KB · Views: 45
Compact and easy to transport. Might be lost on a grassy lawn - what is it, the surface of an old pool table?

HI. my mavic landed within millimeters of the takeoff position while the landing pad was on the grass. Worked very well. As I said still not complete.might add some spray paint around the edges but it's not a necessity.

I got the material from my grandmother's storage cupboard so It could of come from anywhere.lol

Attachments

• 20190123_142146.png
    20190123_142146.png
    975.4 KB · Views: 44
Thanks

You could spray the underside with plastidip. Might help in wet grass,etc to protect all that work. Kudos on your invention!
Thanks for the suggestions, I will get some today

Reactions: Bobby Brown
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser