DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone License commercial

Gruppe8

Reactions
I am considering buying a dji mini3 pro, for recreational use in England, I may want to use it to supply images and video to stock video sites, I will not be paid hourly or by the day, only if an image or video sells, do i need a commercial licence for this ?? I will be using the drone at sub 250g and possibly with the longer battery which is above 250, and will i need insurance for either use thanks for any advice

Hello from the Crossroads of America Gruppe8

I can't help you with the rules, but there's plenty of U.K. flyers here that have the information.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

You might take a look at the Commercial Pilots site as well for information.

😊

Thank You

thank you

I may want to use it to supply images and video to stock video sites, I will not be paid hourly or by the day, only if an image or video sells
Don't get carried away with an unrealistic expectation.
The days of being able to make real money in stock photography are back in the past.
It's hard to shine among the millions of images that flood into the agencies and the amounts they pay for an image have shrunk to a fraction of what it was in the past.
By all means, get into drone photography and see how you go.
Build up your skills and a portfolio and see how you go.
Submit to one of the agencies as a sideline and if you do well from that, you're very lucky.

I am considering buying a dji mini3 pro, for recreational use in England, I may want to use it to supply images and video to stock video sites, I will not be paid hourly or by the day, only if an image or video sells, do i need a commercial licence for this ??
I don't know about UK after Brexit, but in most European countries there is no different rules or licenses between recreational and commercial drone flying.

Don't get carried away with an unrealistic expectation.
The days of being able to make real money in stock photography are back in the past.
It's hard to shine among the millions of images that flood into the agencies and the amounts they pay for an image have shrunk to a fraction of what it was in the past.
By all means, get into drone photography and see how you go.
Build up your skills and a portfolio and see how you go.
Submit to one of the agencies as a sideline and if you do well from that, you're very lucky.
I Appreciate that, Stock is just a small sideline, I sell mainly images through my website and through a licencing site, I managed from 2017 to go full time, i spend 3 months a year abroad in Europe the Caribbean or America-Canada, my wife likes long holidays i mix up the holidays with taking mainly images and some video, the next 9 months are spent uploading tagging and titling, my back log is around 5 years of work .

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

I am considering buying a dji mini3 pro, for recreational use in England, I may want to use it to supply images and video to stock video sites, I will not be paid hourly or by the day, only if an image or video sells, do i need a commercial licence for this ?? I will be using the drone at sub 250g and possibly with the longer battery which is above 250, and will i need insurance for either use thanks for any advice
If you were in the USA the answer would be Yes.

Reactions: LoudThunder
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

@Gruppe8 firstly welcome to the forum
with regards to the Mini 3 pro drone the minimum you need to do is register it with the CAA and display your operator ID number which lasts a year, on the outside of the drone, but while you are at it you may as well do the flyer ID test which is free and lasts for 5 years ,also a good idea is to join one of the model flyers organisations such as FPV UK or BMFA which also give you third party liability insurance as part of their membership ,the need for commercial training and qualifications to be able to monetise you images for inclusion on the internet , no longer applies now ,as long as you are only flying in the open category

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13