DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone license plates?

And soon, you'll be breath-tested if you crash your drone. Police doing random breath test on pilots at the local park. They are operating an aircraft after all.

We are already required to have a tag with our Reg #’s on it somewhere on the drone that does not require tools to access. Most place a sticker within the battery compartment.
With the proposed rule, we would have to have it visible on the outside; such as the tail numbers on manned aircraft.
Not really a big deal as long as they don’t require anything too crazy.

*** Go to the website and comment on the proposal. If we don’t give any feedback, can’t really complain when or if it passes. ***

Reactions: Classic flyer
Decal girl will add it to a skin for a few dollars more. I just had a custom skin made for 2 controller skins, 4 battery skins, and the skin for the MPP. With a 25% discount I paid $43 which includes shipping. Not too bad.

Decal girl will add it to a skin for a few dollars more. I just had a custom skin made for 2 controller skins, 4 battery skins, and the skin for the MPP. With a 25% discount I paid $43 which includes shipping. Not too bad.

Can the numbers be a custom color, font and size?
Any chance you could post a picture of yours?
... please, with a cherry on top.

Yes. 9 different fonts and I had my FAA # and phone # done in red.

I already have my drone license plate ;)
dronepx.jpg

But on a serious note, I offer FAA decals in all the popular colors HERE

Good, this will make people think twice before they make poor decisions, because now there is a higher chance for being held accountable.

Over here, for the sub 2kg commercial class, the ID tag must be fireproof..... (mines not, I havent heard on many Mavics catching fire...)

So if you had to put a visible 6-7 digit "license plate number" on your Mavic what would it say, (assuming they allowed "vanity plates", which I'm sure they would not.)

I think I'd have to play into peoples paranoia and pick something like:
I C YOU or SPY ON U or LOOK UP or SKY SPY

Other ideas?

And soon, you'll be breath-tested if you crash your drone. Police doing random breath test on pilots at the local park. They are operating an aircraft after all.

Eventually personal use drones will be banned altogether. Only the police and government will be allowed to have them at the rate we are going.

We are already required to have a tag with our Reg #’s on it somewhere on the drone that does not require tools to access. Most place a sticker within the battery compartment.
With the proposed rule, we would have to have it visible on the outside; such as the tail numbers on manned aircraft.
Not really a big deal as long as they don’t require anything too crazy.

*** Go to the website and comment on the proposal. If we don’t give any feedback, can’t really complain when or if it passes. ***

How about getting harassed constantly from the anti-drone people who think you're drone is "spying on them" because now they can easily identify who owns the drone flying in the sky. Perfect for extra harassment once they just give your TAG # to the police and make up stuff. Just more stuff to make drone flying more stressful than it already is.

Amazing how many love more government control of their lives

I have a hard time with anything government, they're the biggest law breakers out there....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu