DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone lost in the Aegean Sea—Cause?

But does it cause a battery to just shut down?
I've never heard of it happening like that.
I think you would see the battery drain rapidly. I think when I was moving it forward you’d see it drop tens of points in available power over a very short time.

It can be. I think they say like 104 max.
I think you would see the battery drain rapidly.

Overheating will most probably not make a battery drain out from 88% to 0% in no time if it doesn't suffer from a internal failure ... overheating can though, together will high amp draw create a sudden breakdown of the electrolyte with creation of loads of excess oxygen which cause the battery to puff up & breaking lose from the AC.

Here a perfect example of what happens when the battery swell airborne ...

Last edited:
Overheating will most probably not make a battery drain out from 88% to 0% in no time if it doesn't suffer from a internal failure ... overheating can though, together will high amp draw create a sudden breakdown of the electrolyte with creation of loads of excess oxygen which cause the battery to puff up & breaking lose from the AC.

Here a perfect example of what happens when the battery swell airborne ...

Slup, that is why I use a velcro strap (one side rubberized non-slip) around the battery and drone battery. I tend not to fly aggressively as I am more into photography and videography....if I wanted to zip around the sky I would probably buy an FPV drone.

I've never heard of it happening like that.

Not shutting down but swelling up and then pins disconnecting or the battery completely popping out could cause drone being disconnected.
And even if the temperature is say 100F/40C (examples), in direct sun it could be 120F/50C. And the drone generates additional heat.

Do you have any idea on the cycle count on the battery? Had you treated them well (Kept at 40-60% charge, not charged when warm, etc)

Mavic 2 has smart batteries, they don' t charge when they are warm. It' s easy, land when battery has max 50°C or 3.6V on cell.

Reactions: Liny
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929