Federal Aviation Administration
Office of the Chief Counsel

Intersting reading . see: www.faa.gov

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
State and Local Regulation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Fact Sheet

Interesting but basically irrelevant to this case since this case involves a specific state law that preempts local regulation. Absent that type of state law localities are generally free to regulate the use of drones (takeoffs and landings) on their property.

Reactions: DanMan32
State and Local Regulation of Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Fact Sheet

Its an important document, but it's out of date (no mention of Part 107, etc.) When I contacted the FAA General Counsel to ask when they planned to update it, they claimed they had. But they havent. Its ineptitude like that at the FAA that does little to help us push back against these cities and their dumb laws.

I also have to ask why those summoned to give evidence were the police chief and the parks director (neither of whom make laws) when it might be better to get a county legislator in the witness box instead. Or the county general counsel, who might do the best tap dance of all.

I also have to ask why those summoned to give evidence were the police chief and the parks director (neither of whom make laws) when it might be better to get a county legislator in the witness box instead. Or the county general counsel, who might do the best tap dance of all.

The parks director is one of the commissioners and is involved in the creation of the ordinance. He is also the top guy and responsible for all of the policies of the county park system.

The chief is the top law enforcement officer (next to the prosecutor) and is in charge of providing directives and overseeing the park police force (they call themselves rangers, but they are regular police officers) He is the one encouraging the police to continue enforcing this ordinance that he knows is invalid and unlawful.

They were chosen because they are at the top and are directly responsible for the unlawful behavior.

Many states have preemption laws as it relates to firearms but liberal judges just ignore them. I hope this is not one of those cases.
...and how do those judges get into their positions? ...appointed by politicians (in many states)
I guess the conflict of interest is obvious to everyone, but the MSM won't report on it.

I am planing to go to the court tomorrow morning. Hopefully I will be able to stay there for the case. I'l have to leave at 2:30. It looks like there are about 40 cases scheduled for 10 am with Judge Farah. Travel time 2 hours. I absolutely support this clubs stand in keeping with Michigan Law.

I was trying to look up those court records for today, but looks like their servers are down.

Or the just say they need more time to organise their evidence etc.

What might happen is they could get legal advice and just withdraw the action, just before it goes to hearing.
GOVCOs do that a lot when they know they haven't got a hope, trying to not have to bear the other sides legal cost.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dronesforlife