DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Paranoia

To me, those sounds like planted comments designed to coax legislatures to pass tougher drone laws against privacy, stalking, hovering, flying over private property, etc. Some of the comments are downright bizarre.

WOW Carla needs to take a breath. ln my state flying a drone near someone and harassing someone with a drone are two very different things.
I can fly over your house or near you legally but what i can't do is hover or Harass you, these things are already sufficiently regulated. and I can't think of any other laws that would do any better than the ones they are already using.

I think Carla needs to have her meds adjusted. Drones breaking are into her house and stealing her banking info.

Read through some of the comments at the bottom of this Drone Laws site....

Look at the About page for that website. It's a private site not associated with the FAA and it's run by volunteers. I've found that such sites are not always reliable sources of information. They often have errors or their information is incomplete. But sometimes they're a good source of links to the actual regulations or regulatory groups.

Stick with FAA sites and some of the reputable and trustworthy online sources such as The Pilot Institute.

Reactions: Reid937
I'd say those comments stink as bot/fake/chatgpt comments to me. Starting with the nicknames, that are just regular names like "Carla", "Cerlin", "Rebecca" and finishing with the content, style, tone and redaction of the posts which is the about the same for all.

But ignorance reigns on the world these days, so they can totally be real; I've been approached by "shouting karens" several times and if you fly your drones long enough you'll also meet those Carlas, Merlins and Rebeccas too in the real world. 😆

Reactions: Nanny Ogg
The comments however crazy sounding can very well be true! I am part of a local group that tells about lane closures and sales and so forth. When the subject of drones come up, I have seen comments exactly like this. The fear of drones is real. It is something people don’t know about and that is scary. I have spent countless hours explaining why shooting one down is not a good idea. Why they can’t see what you think they can and so forth. The fear of drones is very much the same as the fear of guns! ”I don’t feel safe in my own home knowing there are guns out there.” Or, “ I don’t feel safe in my own home because there are drones out there!” Both can be and will be uttered by the uniformed idiot who has never ventured outside the city they were born in.

Reactions: Torque
Drone fear is definitely a real thing...
I just got a drone and flew it around from my backyard into a huge empty tree farm.... And I have had drone Karen's at my door screaming at me telling me I can't fly my drone from my own house everyday so far.... Nobody calls the police and that tells me they know I'm not actually doing anything wrong they're just trying to be a stressful Drone Karen and make me stop.

Reactions: Torque
Drone fear is definitely a real thing...
I just got a drone and flew it around from my backyard into a huge empty tree farm.... And I have had drone Karen's at my door screaming at me telling me I can't fly my drone from my own house everyday so far.... Nobody calls the police and that tells me they know I'm not actually doing anything wrong they're just trying to be a stressful Drone Karen and make me stop.
Have you flown at Mayfield or Riffe lakes yet? On my list. We can't launch from the state parks, but if you launch elsewhere you're fine.

Read through some of the comments at the bottom of this Drone Laws site....

Flying in a parking lot near water a 70'ish woman walked by me and said"I hate those FN things,I don't even know what they are"(HUH?)

Not yet the drone Karen army has me scared of flying anywhere now
Me too somewhat but mostly from law enforcement. I go to the park and if there is a patrol car posted in teh parking, I just go elsewhere if anything to avoid the likely contact.

I think Carla needs to have her meds adjusted. Drones breaking are into her house and stealing her banking info.
What do you mean? I've had men from Venus doing the same... and they didn't even HAVE drones.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer