DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone Pilot Nothern Ireland

welcome to the forum

Reactions: PakNheat380
What about the wind on the north coast of Ireland? Are there months when it is less windy?
Lol, months? Not really.
I was thinking of mentioning that in your Giant's Causeway thread.
You'd have to take it on a day by day basis.
There's a isolated shrub/tree on the high, exposed part of the approach to Murlough Bay, it has noticeable sideways growth which I assume is due to prevailing wind.
You'd probably find other examples elsewhere if you keep a look out for such things.

Last edited:
Oh well, then I really misunderstood your post. So it's always windy on the north coast and only occasionally not windy for a few hours/minutes?

I don't remember a trip up there when there wasn't at least a breeze and, for several years, it was a regular weekend destination.
Try a google for "windswept tree Murlough Bay"

The bush/shrub/tree I am thinking of is off to the left of the road on the way into Murlough Bay and resembles the one you can see in

https://www.ireland highlights.com/wp-content/uploads/wh itethorn-murlough-bay-185_3174.jpg"

the image is probably copyrighted so I don't think I can post it here but if you remove the gaps in the above the URL will take you to the hosting website.

It takes sustained wind to produce that sort of deformation.

Welcome to the forum from NW Montana

Reactions: old man mavic
A drone pilot from Northern Ireland here?
Hi,
My wife and I are planning a trip to Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland for September this year. I have a Mini 4 Pro that I wanted to bring on the trip, but after doing a little reading it seems almost all the "touristy" places are no-fly zones! I know Cliffs of Moher are a no-fly zone, but does anyone know about these areas?

Giant's Causeway
Dark Hedges
Muckross Abbey
Slea Head
Sliabh Liag Cliff
Mussenden Temple
Dunluce Castle
Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge
Rock of Cashel
Fionan's Monastery

Thanks!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case