DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drone registration

AClineman

Reactions
I know I need to register my new drone to be flown recreationally and want to be in compliance. A lot of stuff I find on the web is a few years old.
Anyone have a link to the correct place to register ?

Thanks

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
Sorry
I posted this in the wrong forum, thanks to whoever moved it. Just now found it

I just registered it and got an e mail with a certificate. Is this something you are required to carry with you when flying? Must you produce this to the drone police on demand ? :D

I just registered it and got an e mail with a certificate. Is this something you are required to carry with you when flying? Must you produce this to the drone police on demand ? :D

Get the card laminated and keep it with you at all times while flying. Also, make sure you write your registration numbers somewhere on the drone. Most will place a piece of tape on the inside of battery compartment and write the numbers on that.

Is this something you are required to carry with you when flying?
You need to either keep a hard copy on your person while flying or be able to access it digitally.

I just sold my P4P and bought a MP. I actually like flying the MP more. My question, can I transfer my FAA registration number to my MP from my P4P or do I have to cancel the P4P number and start a new registry for a MP.

My question, can I transfer my FAA registration number to my MP from my P4P or do I have to cancel the P4P number and start a new registry for a MP.
Did you register under Section 336 (as a hobbyist)? If so, yes, you can apply the same registration number to all of your drones.

*Moderator Edited 333 to be 336... big difference*

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you register under Section 333 (as a hobbyist)? If so, yes, you can apply the same registration number to all of your drones.
I registered my drone under 336 when I was a hobbyist, and now I have a 107 certification. Do I have to do any more registration procedures for that same drone?

Last edited by a moderator:
Do I have to do any more registration procedures for that same drone?
Yes. You need to register all drones you'll be using for commercial purposes under Part 107 here.

And then is the number I received when I registered under Sec. 336 as a hobbyist just gone with the wind?
You can still use that number on any drones you only plan to fly under the Section 336 rules.

Thank you. I do so love it when there is a clear answer. Iwas surprised to be asked to give my drone a nickname on the 107 registration. Any idea on the logic behind that?

Easily and quickly identify which drone is which if you have multiples of the same type.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54