DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DroneDJ has the DJI Mavic Air 2 price and some press images

Ah good news.
The 48mp camera will be interesting, how to get that out of 1/2" sensor, when the Hasselblad 1" on the M2P is 20mp ?
Lots to confirm on release, but on the face of it the package looks like a winner all round.
Certainly tempt me after a good while in the market revealing any problems.

It's not a true 48mp. They're using software tricks to boost the "MP" via image stacking. I'm speculating of course but that's literally how every camera that claims big MP but doesn't have the hardware to back it up does it. I think the M2Zoom does the same thing, it's trickery that produces a low quality 48MP image.

You can do the same thing with any camera, 5-20 photos in a stack, Adobe PS magic, and poof, you can double your MP. I do it all the time with my Mavic Pro.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I agree, the original has it's own sleek unique look. They should have stayed with it.
Yep, similarly the Spark had its own identity, whereas the Mini doesn’t. They all look the same, and are the same boring grey colour.

What I dislike the most is the camera unit is really exposed.

Reactions: Akademik and L.Bro
$799 for the base unit, Fly More might be $949 or $999. Not bad at all.

Had a Mavic Air last year and lost it in Iceland, but my only complaints were noise level and range, both of which seem to be addressed in this new bird.

However, performance and reliability remains to be seen, especially after the ongoing Mini debacle. Even more reason not to trust those early "influencer" (gawd I hate that word) "infomercials reviews", and wait for real feedback like what you get in these forums.

Personally, I'll keep flying my M1P until it dies on me, at which time hopefully a M3P is available for a YOLO purchase.

Pretty good gallery here. Not much left to the imagination. $799 for this thing is bumping up against the Mavic 2 pretty hard.
OMG, That is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. They simply destroyed the Mavic Air. That's beyond reason, why DJI? Why? make mine a Autel EVO 2, end of Discussion. DJI fanboy no more, time to look at the rest of what is being made these days. I'm just not going to plop down my money just because DJI says this is it, buy it. That's really sad for me to. Everything I've owned up to now has been DJI so going to be interesting to see what else beyond the EVO is even out there.

OMG, That is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. They simply destroyed the Mavic Air. That's beyond reason, why DJI? Why? make mine a Autel EVO 2, end of Discussion. DJI fanboy no more, time to look at the rest of what is being made these days. I'm just not going to plop down my money just because DJI says this is it, buy it. That's really sad for me to. Everything I've owned up to now has been DJI so going to be interesting to see what else beyond the EVO is even out there.

As a Mavic air owner I prefer the new design.

I'm absolutely excited for it, the only reason I have not already ordered a Mavic 2 Zoom is because I am looking forward to the Air 2. I do have concerns that there may be issues like the Mavic Mini is experiencing, but am hopeful that it will be fine. It will be tough not to order one as soon as it is available.

Is there any reason besides cost you are looking at at Zoom rather than M2 Pro? I’m trying to decide between air 2 vs Mavic 2 Pro is why I ask.

It's not a true 48mp. They're using software tricks to boost the "MP" via image stacking. I'm speculating of course but that's literally how every camera that claims big MP but doesn't have the hardware to back it up does it. I think the M2Zoom does the same thing, it's trickery that produces a low quality 48MP image.

You can do the same thing with any camera, 5-20 photos in a stack, Adobe PS magic, and poof, you can double your MP. I do it all the time with my Mavic Pro.

Back in post #29 might have covered it, quad bayer sensor ?

I am. The first one one perfect for me except for range.
Yeah, same here. Planning on holding out for a new Mavic Pro when/if one comes out but if my Air drowned in the lake tomorrow I’d probably pick one up. Range is the killer feature for me (and not just for going really far, but to have a more solid connection in more urban/suburban environments. I have no problem out in the country where I’m sheltering at home, but at my city home I am lucky to get 3-500 feet.

Lower noise would be a definite plus too. This does make me a bit jealous about new drone pilots who have it as their first drone, but I’ll get over it.

Wish they could just make a longer battery for MA1. I love the original design, 4k video, Intelligent Modes, etc. Make new props with bent tips, put it all in an upgrade package and it's sold. Then I woke up.

Reactions: Lastrexking
Just because nobodody knows what we can expect:

It's just for killing time until 27th, it's not even fact check.
What I can feel is 65% battery with over 18 minutes of flight time left. My MA1 starts at that with 100%

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boonaga