DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dronelink is now free for non-commercial use.

Go to your account settings page and click the Downgrade option:
View attachment 82827

There are no functional differences between Free and Pro. Commercial just means you are being paid to fly.
THANK YOU for the quick response. That option was not there yesterday.

How and where do we get the 32 bit phone app as my phone will not run the 64 bit version correctly. Was getting Execution errors after taking off and would not run the mission.

As a longtime Litchi user, I am used to an arrangement where each waypoint has an associated altitude and the drone changes altitude linearly between adjacent waypoints as it flies the mission.

I've been playing with your app for an hour or so and cannot find a way to duplicate that behavior in a simple manner.

I presume the answer lies in the Altitude Range of the Destination Component?

1) How can I set "Altitude Range" on the Destination Component so that the drone always changes altitude linearly between two adjacent Destination Components even if I later change the altitudes of one or both. Sure, I can get out my calculator and do some simple arithmetic to calculate the required ascent/descent rates but there must surely be an easier way?

2) Am I missing something or does the Path Component not allow for changing altitude?

Thanks

N

As a longtime Litchi user, I am used to an arrangement where each waypoint has an associated altitude and the drone changes altitude linearly between adjacent waypoints as it flies the mission.

I've been playing with your app for an hour or so and cannot find a way to duplicate that behavior in a simple manner.

I presume the answer lies in the Altitude Range of the Destination Component?

1) How can I set "Altitude Range" on the Destination Component so that the drone always changes altitude linearly between two adjacent Destination Components even if I later change the altitudes of one or both. Sure, I can get out my calculator and do some simple arithmetic to calculate the required ascent/descent rates but there must surely be an easier way?

2) Am I missing something or does the Path Component not allow for changing altitude?

Thanks

N
You need to create a marker wherever you want to change altitude. Waypoints are for path. Markers change speed, altitude, run commands , and define poi’s. Right click on the map to see the option.

Reactions: AMann and GadgetGuy
@dronelink Thanks for making a free version, I downloaded and made a simple poi test. I am impressed by the accuracy of the plan to actual mission execution, but the poi pan is a little jerky. Also I use a field monitor (FW279) and when HDMI out is set to camera view, only the map shows on the monitor. Please see the video I made of the poi mission.

DL-flight-plan.png
DL-flight-actual.png
Dronelink POI Mission

Attachments

• DL-flight-plan.png
    DL-flight-plan.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 51
  • DL-flight-actual.png
    DL-flight-actual.png
    507.3 KB · Views: 52
I am using a Mavic 2 Pro with the latest firmware and a Smart Controller. I ran the poi at 10 mph, I can try again with a lower speed. I just wanted to let you know what my experience was, I am very impressed with your app. Thanks for the fast response.

Reactions: dronelink
I have two Galaxy S5 phones and fly the Mavic Pro. One phone supports DJI Go 4 and the other supports Litchi. The limitation of the S5 is that you cannot have both DJI Go 4 and Litchi on the same phone at the same time. Can Dronelink co-exist with one of the other Apps or do I need a third S5?

Works for us. Just select "Only Once" instead of "Always" when you plug in the RC.

@dronelink
Find a way to make it hold a set elevation while doing a photo mission over varying terrain and it will be golden.

Or much simpler, add a map option to use downloaded georeferenced USGS topo maps (available free online) for the background maps (at least on the mission planner page) that will make it easier to program in the elevation sets based on terrain.

Pretty please? :)

@dronelink
Find a way to make it hold a set elevation while doing a photo mission over varying terrain and it will be golden.

Or much simpler, add a map option to use downloaded georeferenced USGS topo maps (available free online) for the background maps (at least on the mission planner page) that will make it easier to program in the elevation sets based on terrain.

Pretty please? :)
It's on the roadmap. Priorities will of course be determined by our paying customers.

Reactions: AMann and masic
It's on the roadmap. Priorities will of course be determined by our paying customers.
I will pay!! :)

But really- if one can see elevation contours on their background map on the desktop app during mission planning, they can manually program in the difference so they remain at a desired AGL above it. No infield internet access or DEM file storage would be necessary as the background map will include it.

Last edited:
Hi Dronelink, DroneDeploy has a bug in it's Android software that effectively prevents me from using it for offline orthomosaic usage; it was frustrating to find out when I was 3 hours away from any kind of connectivity and the app wouldn't work. Bye bye DD and HELLO Dronelink!

I've got your app and I'm making plans for orthos via browser, so far browser/app integration seem to be working fine. I've tested with airplane mode on the app and that part works; bravo!

Questions regarding mapping.

1. When I put a map grid over an area, it's assigning a max speed of 20mph during photography and I can't increase, how can I increase the speed?
  2. What camera settings is it going to use if I don't add any components? Will it lock in shutter/iso once it starts? (Can't have it constantly changing settings)
  3. For large tracts of land, will the aircraft automatically return home if it detects it only has enough battery for RTH but the map grid is not complete?
  4. What happens once the aircraft lands and I swap out the battery but there's still map left in the mission? Will it resume where it had to RTH?
  5. Are you planning on implementing a metric that shows how many batteries I should expect to use given mission parameters? (altitude, map grid size, speed)
  6. Last and least important, a check button for 3D maps that adjusts the grid based on whether you intend to make 2d/3d orthomosaics.
I'll keep playing with your new tool and post feedback.

Reactions: parkgt
When I put a map grid over an area, it's assigning a max speed of 20mph during photography and I can't increase, how can I increase the speed?
You need to expand the advanced settings, and make sure to set the altitude high enough too.

What camera settings is it going to use if I don't add any components? Will it lock in shutter/iso once it starts? (Can't have it constantly changing settings)
Whatever settings the camera has before the mission starts. If you want the camera to have specific settings you need to add camera commands during the approach.

For large tracts of land, will the aircraft automatically return home if it detects it only has enough battery for RTH but the map grid is not complete?
What happens once the aircraft lands and I swap out the battery but there's still map left in the mission? Will it resume where it had to RTH?
The drone will automatically activate RTH based on the smart-go-home behavior in the firmware. When RTH activates Dronelink automatically pauses the mission so you can battery swap and resume right where you left off.

Are you planning on implementing a metric that shows how many batteries I should expect to use given mission parameters? (altitude, map grid size, speed)
Battery estimate is already available in the mission previewer.

Last and least important, a check button for 3D maps that adjusts the grid based on whether you intend to make 2d/3d orthomosaics.
Expand the advanced settings and you will find you can change the pattern to grid.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I might simply be plain dumb, but I cannot figure out how to take pictures instead of video when making an orbit. I did a grid mission recently, and it worked perfectly, yet I woudl have loved to have an orbit, taking pictures at an interval, just like the grid of a platform. Does the question make sense?

I might simply be plain dumb, but I cannot figure out how to take pictures instead of video when making an orbit. I did a grid mission recently, and it worked perfectly, yet I woudl have loved to have an orbit, taking pictures at an interval, just like the grid of a platform. Does the question make sense?
You need to add camera commands to the approach of the Orbit to put the camera in the right mode. You should watch the Core Concepts training series.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kcb2627