DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Drop frames

twefish

Reactions
I am downloading from the card to FCPX and dropping frames. The videos play perfectly on my iPhone in the Fly app. Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona!

can you tell us more about your hardware and software you’re using and the method of transfer to your computer.

one question for now....Are the frame rates of your recording the same as the frame rate in your FCP?

I know what you mean (at least I think I know). After you have downloaded the footage from the card on your computer (or external HD), check the footage before you import into FCP. If you feel, frames are missing, then skip frame by frame using the arrows at your keyboard. I guess you will find that no frame fails.

I have experienced that 4K footage in FCP on MY computer sometimes looks like frames are missing. That is NOT the case, the problem is, that my computer is not fast enough to process 4K in FCP. Since I do not really need 4K footage in most cases, I decided to film in 2K 50fps. The advantage to me: I can fly at higher speeds and editing in HD 25fps I then can reduce the speed of the video 50% without getting stuttering footage. For youtubeproductions good enough. In the rare cases that I need 4K (or want it to be able to zoom in more without loosing to much quality), I am aware of the stuttering apearance while editing and look for the frames to cut by moving single framed.

EDIT: Btw, if you first save the footage on a harddisk and then work in FCP, you do not have to import it into FCP at all. That keeps your FCP-projects smaller.

I am downloading from the card to FCPX and dropping frames. The videos play perfectly on my iPhone in the Fly app. Does anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

What format are you shooting in: Resolution, Frame rate and codec?

If you’re using H.265 your computer ‘may’ be struggling with it depending on what CPU/GPU you are using. The iPhones can play H.265 without issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot