DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

dumbest video ever!

Hacking the Mavic has been around for a year now, with hundreds, if not thousands of videos and forum threads (here and elsewhere) on the topic. Many of us have done it with great success. You can already fly your stock Mavic 4x higher than the legal limit in the US. If I read one more time that "THIS" (whatever THIS is) is going to ruin it for the rest of us, I'm going to have an aneurysm. Take your dresses off, ladies - and put on a pair of pants. I've been flying a modified MP for a year, and no one is dead (don't anyone quote this to cleverly add the word, "yet" to that sentence :)). I am one of the most cautious and respectful flyers out there. There are many great features that come from the available hacks ~ not just the height restriction hack ~but many more. It may not be for everyone, but it also impacts no one else during a SAFE flight, done within the FAA guidelines. The guy even states in the video that he wouldn't fly that high, himself. Do you all get concerned when you see a video of someone dropping a new motor in their Ferrari so that instead of topping out at 160mph, they can now go 220mph? Have they ruined it for the rest of the drivers on the road? Seriously, grow a pair...

Last edited:
Reactions: EyeSky and ac0j
You can already fly your stock Mavic 4x higher than the legal limit in the US. .....
That's why I'm not 107, forget the 400ft limit.
Besides, modding doesn't necessarily mean 1000 ft straight up. Sometimes you mode the height just to climb a mountain never exceeding a 100ft above the ground
Then again, sometimes you want to go straight up.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Remind me... aren't USA flyers now bound by law stating: 400 ft max AGL, Aircraft must be in line of sight, No operating from moving vehicle, No operations after dark, and maybe some other veery limiting rules. Takes most of the coolness out of the sport. Oh and manned aircraft in USA are to fly above 500 ft AGL in low population areas, unless transitioning to land.

Nope, US and NON 107 (recreational fliers), not aware of any height limits, only 400ft recommendation (400 max mandatory for 107 pilots), never heard of a restriction on night or moving cars.
I haven't check regulations in 6 months.

Never mind, just check the FAA website for "recreational flyiers" NOT 107 people:
To fly under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft you must:

• Fly for hobby or recreation ONLY
  • Register your model aircraft
  • Fly within visual line-of-sight
  • Follow community-based safety guidelines and fly within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization
  • Fly a drone under 55 lbs. unless certified by a community-based organization
  • Never fly near other aircraft
  • Notify the airport and air traffic control tower prior to flying within 5 miles of an airport*
  • Never fly near emergency response efforts

Nope, US and NON 107 (recreational fliers), not aware of any height limits, only 400ft recommendation (400 max mandatory for 107 pilots), never heard of a restriction on night or moving cars.
I haven't check regulations in 6 months.

Never mind, just check the FAA website for "recreational flyiers" NOT 107 people:
To fly under the Special Rule for Model Aircraft you must:

• Fly for hobby or recreation ONLY
  • Register your model aircraft
  • Fly within visual line-of-sight
  • Follow community-based safety guidelines and fly within the programming of a nationwide community-based organization
  • Fly a drone under 55 lbs. unless certified by a community-based organization
  • Never fly near other aircraft
  • Notify the airport and air traffic control tower prior to flying within 5 miles of an airport*
  • Never fly near emergency response efforts
Getting Started

Fly your drone at or below 400 feet

https://www.faa.gov/documentLibrary/media/Advisory_Circular/AC_91-57A_Ch_1.pdf

The original video the dude is in a Scandinavian country I believe but there is a video of a guy in the states who shows the video and how to do it ... but all that apparently is remedy now because someone just mentioned on this thread that they have fixed it ...

DJI GO 4 was the fix... so I guess you could just roll firmware and go back to DJI GO to make your mods.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661