DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Durability

jazzy2788

Reactions
Have a question and this may be out there already... but I have a mavic and love it but planned on doing some flying over water and close to some trees and barns. I am concerned about eh durability if the mavic if I were to have an incident.

My first thought was to purchase a Autel x star being it was a little cheaper and using it for the more daring shots. Or picking up a second mavic, therefore interchangeable batteries, and extra controller, chargers and so on.

Wondering if anyone had any input on this.

Loving the mavic for travel, as Autel would literally be for flight close to home because it's a lot more to bring with me.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Anthonyk
The Mavic is definitely not crash friendly. The weak point is the camera/gimbal, which is mounted by thin rubber band like pieces and a thin ribbon cable. The one crash I had, the entire camera/gimbal assembly detached. The P4P would be a better option as it have 5 sided obstacle avoidance and a more robust gimbal/camera assembly.

I've had 2 crashes (all my fault), the 1st was a high speed sideways impact into a tree trunk followed by a 20m fall, only minor scrapes and broken props. The 2nd was a low speed clip of the very end of a branch, the mavic fell 10m and snapped an arm, bizarrely the gimbal looked ok - now in for DJI refresh - so in summary I think it's just luck as to how it fairs in the event of a crash

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure