DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

EAGLE EYE BEAK STICKER TO SAVE FROM BIRDS ATTACK

We have not only tried Stickers but every bright Color Combination you can think of and in the end there was nothing you could ever rely on.

One thing i have noticed though, is that the Sound , Pitch and tone of the drone can really alarm , notify enrage birds causing them to circle and attack,

We have quite a few of these attacks on record.

As far as seagull go, the more silent the Props the less chance you annoy the birds and the less chance they attack.

If you study Sea Gulls you will notice that some sounds they can handle just fine , but change the tone or the frequency and all 500 birds can take off instantly at the same exact time.

I think this same type sound sets them off in the sky if your in there frequent flying skies.

Notice when I am low and slow compared to when I am high and racing the motors

The best way to avoid birds is a vertical climb once spotted for attack.
I tried this same test with the DJI FPV and as soon as the motors started they took to the Air .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Personally, I feel the hologram type skins are worth a shot if you're having bird issues a lot.
I've always had one in mind if ever I get regular problems with bird attacks, but I don't and just do the regular straight up fast / escape if I do now and then.

Hologram type material has been used for (just about) ever in bird control for farming, strips of this stuff hanging over vines, windmill blades etc, to scare off birds.

502915203_811x664.jpg

Here's another thread or two on it . . . there are probably a lot more doing a search . . .

(The pic above from this thread.)

I had a quick search of a few drone skin suppliers, not able to find any for some reason.
Maybe the material is hard to use as a wrap / skin.

It might pay to find some adhesive tape in a small roll and try some strips here and there, a bit of snip and stick.

That just might cause an attack. The eagle might see it as a threat.

Reactions: HighlandsVideo
About as effective as Sonic Deer Whistles on the front bumper of your car I imagine...

Try a picture of a "Turd" on it... I can't imagine anything would want to attack a flying turd...

• Haha
Reactions: Pstik and cfisteve
Replace the camera on the gimbal with a machine-gun turret. 200 rounds of .303 caliber tracers should be good for a 20 minute flight. Reduce to 100 rounds for closer to 30 minutes. Reprogram the fn button to fire, and be careful to only push it on away flights.
My thoughts exactly. Can't go wrong with that simple mod.

We have not only tried Stickers but every bright Color Combination you can think of and in the end there was nothing you could ever rely on.

One thing i have noticed though, is that the Sound , Pitch and tone of the drone can really alarm , notify enrage birds causing them to circle and attack,

We have quite a few of these attacks on record.

As far as seagull go, the more silent the Props the less chance you annoy the birds and the less chance they attack.

If you study Sea Gulls you will notice that some sounds they can handle just fine , but change the tone or the frequency and all 500 birds can take off instantly at the same exact time.

I think this same type sound sets them off in the sky if your in there frequent flying skies.

Notice when I am low and slow compared to when I am high and racing the motors

The best way to avoid birds is a vertical climb once spotted for attack.
I tried this same test with the DJI FPV and as soon as the motors started they took to the Air .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain and Land on the Water.

Dancing with the Devils Video: Why can't you leave the birds alone?

Dancing with the Devils Video: Why can't you leave the birds alone?
I suppose because Birds are like the wind , they are a Constant that need to be Negotiated.

I live on the Channel on the River and the Lake, birds are on my Balcony, , my drive. , my Patio, , on my boat, in the channel ,. at the gas pump, , in the parking lot, and my back yard patio , on the river and in the trees.

This same flock of birds have seen me come and go many times, either by boat, drone, car, motorcycle or my back door opening, one thig is for sure birds love to fly..

Right now we have an abundance of Cranes that are on the River and they use to fly away at the very sound of the drone but not anymore as they are getting used to the drone and now holding there ground , and allowing me to fly over them.

Protecting Nature is good but so is existing with them.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Pouring Rain and land on the Water.

I suppose because Birds are like the wind , they are a Constant that need to be Negotiated.

I live on the Channel on the River and the Lake, birds are on my Balcony, , my drive. , my Patio, , on my boat, in the channel ,. at the gas pump, , in the parking lot, and my back yard patio , on the river and in the trees.

This same flock of birds have seen me come and go many times, either by boat, drone, car, motorcycle or my back door opening, one thig is for sure birds love to fly..

Right now we have an abundance of Cranes that are on the River and they use to fly away at the very sound of the drone but not anymore as they are getting used to the drone and now holding there ground , and allowing me to fly over them.

Protecting Nature is good but so is existing with them.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Pouring Rain and land on the Water.
Thanks for explaining to me, why you can't leave the birds alone ("... because they are like the wind"). Interesting viewpoint.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078