DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Easiest windows video editing

Hayabusa

Reactions
hi all!
Just bought new Lenovo pro laptop just for pers (drone stuff).
What’s is a very easy video editing software for me to use? ( preferably free) I’m old and hard at learning new tricks. Just want simple way to edit videos with some music and simple effects etc...
I just downloaded Videopad on old laptop and having trouble getting video to run smoothly ( its old and tons of videos etc...) so think it’s just not powerful enough. Hence the new Lenovo pro.
I just got back from Utah and dying to create something to show.
Thanks in advance
Mike

I found YouTube.com is a great place to go to find how-to videos on the video editing software of your choice.

Windows 10 has built in video editing in the Pbotos app. I posted a vid somewhere on this forum regarding it....

Reactions: ballerhe75
hi all!
What’s is a very easy video editing software for me to use? ( preferably free) I’m old and hard at learning new tricks. Just want simple way to edit videos with some music and simple effects etc...
I just downloaded Videopad on old laptop and having trouble getting video to run smoothly ( its old and tons of videos etc...) so think it’s just not powerful enough. Hence the new Lenovo pro.
Thanks in advance
Mike
I've had good luck with Avidemux. Simple; few options, but easy to use.

It's a shame they deprecated it because Windows Movie Maker was great for this - quick easy, intuitive editing with no learning curve. If you can find it somewhere, it's great for starting out.

LP

hi all!
Thanks in advance
Mike
What are the specs of the laptop? Video editing is resource intensive and if your laptop isn't up to snuff, it could cause issues like slow performance. If it were me, I would prefer a desktop as you generally get more performance per dollar. Laptops generally dont come with a discrete graphics card either, which depending on your software, can cause pretty significant performance issues as well. Before any real recommendations can be given, we need to know what you are working with.

Since we're talking about options, I ended up buying Powerdirector, but I'm extremely disappointed with the video output formats and options. It's easy to use, but trying to create decent quality, smaller output files for sharing seems to be a pain. No matter what settings I use, they come out crappy. I get much better results by outputting a high bitrate, high quality file, then converting it to something else with Handbrake. Net, I don't recommend Powerdirector.

LP

Give Movavi a try, it's easy to use and has gobs of features and transitions. I think you can use it for 10 days for free. It's all I use and does OK.

Might try Gopro Quik. It's free, relatively simple and works with video and photo files shot with Mavic and cameras other than Gopro.

Might try Gopro Quik. It's free, relatively simple and works with video and photo files shot with Mavic and cameras other than Gopro.

I thought quik only allows you to edit GoPro footage? How do you import non GoPro stuff?

I thought quik only allows you to edit GoPro footage? How do you import non GoPro stuff?
Oops! I'm wrong. Quik Desktop doesn't play well with non-Gopro files. I understand the ios version of Quik does...sorta.

Slide down to "People Also Ask" then click on "How Do I Get Windows Movie Maker?" then there is a link. Again I don't know if this is the one that Microsoft had.
It's not the Microsoft Movie Maker application. That "Movie Maker" application is made by a company named "TopWin".

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato