DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ebay price gouging

CCDD

Reactions
Those that have decided to sell their early shipped Mavics due to the high prices people are crazy enough to be paying online have to keep in mind that buyers are protected by Paypals 6 month return policy. All the buyer has to do is open a case claiming the item isn't exactly as described and it's going right back to the seller for a full refund. I know many that have had returns come back and Paypal typically doesn't conduct any investigation. They simply pull the funds from seller and now one is stuck with a used product often many months after its been used and possibly abused. Greed often come back to bite you!!!

If one can live with themselves and is desperate enough, all they have to do is pay up to a greedy seller, fly, and eventually exercise their rights under paypal buyer protection when their Mavic order finally shows up.

The same thing happened when the PS4 came out and many impatient people paid top dollar to the sellers..
Be crazy if someone buys the mavic and destroys it on camera .. seen a couple of youtube videos for consoles and phones.. and people go crazy whey they see that..

Just like any new gadget that has a lot of hype surrounding it, some people will pay ANY amount of money to get their hands on it first for bragging rights or to resell it for an even more obnoxious amount of money. If it's sold on an auction sight like eBay and some dumbass is dumb enough to get caught up in the bidding, it's not really price gouging. Is the person's greed and impatience getting the better of them.

Reactions: Mavic_Man504
Yes, I know a ton of eBay sellers that used to sell laptops on eBay. We all know how tech prices fall and they all have been victim to the 6 month paypal return policy. A number of times the laptop was intentional broken so the buyer claimed "it won't turn on." Paypal sides with the buyer every time. It also works on all those sellers of their P3 and p4 drones. Those buyers can come back anytime within 6 months and demand a refund. And they will get it. And don't be surprised if your P4 that you sold at a good price doesn't "turn on" when you get it back.

There is a caveat. One can sell / auction off thier Mavic Pro at an inflated price and then after funds are received and transferred out of the Paypal Account they can immediately close the paypal account.

Then create a new paypal account with different credentials.

Reactions: look_alive
There is a caveat. One can sell / auction off thier Mavic Pro at an inflated price and then after funds are received and transferred out of the Paypal Account they can immediately close the paypal account.

Then create a new paypal account with different credentials.
Yeah but remember when you open a new Paypal account the first time someone pays you for something Paypal will not release the funds for 21 days in case the buyer wants a refund too. So on new accounts you can't access your money at all for 21 days.

I understand the supply and demand theory, but some of these are DJI Authorized dealers. Wonder if their dealer agreements allow markups like this?

I understand the supply and demand theory, but some of these are DJI Authorized dealers. Wonder if their dealer agreements allow markups like this?
Wow, that would be really messed up if they are dealers (or if they really wanted to be sleazy, they create a random account and sell their stock of Mavics )

Wow, that would be really messed up if they are dealers (or if they really wanted to be sleazy, they create a random account and sell their stock of Mavics )

Authorized dealers doing this is dispicable. But nothing can be done..there are lots of impatient people out there willing to pay top $$$$ ..

Where are those Beanie Babies? I'm sure I still have some somewhere....

If it's a dealer, their heads should roll. Otherwise it is impossible to price gouge with an auction, literally.
Lol. Very good point. And as for dealers, I say report them to Dji.

Open a new PayPal account just for this transaction. 21 days later, collect the money and close the account. Boom. No recourse, and you still have your original, verified PayPal account untouched.

Does this hold true even if the seller specifies "No return" while creating the listing?

Lol. Very good point. And as for dealers, I say report them to Dji.

Not necessary, my in-laws are all Sicilian and if you've read any Puzo you'll know they don't play.
I said to my FiL 'well not all Sicilians are connected, right?'
Him - The look
Me - Huh, I'll be damned
Him - it's a small island everybody knows everybody. It's one big happy family.
The pause I do believe was intensional.
He said if I ever needed anything at all, anything to let him know and he would personally take care of it.
Let me know the dealers and I will pass the word.
Edited to add He will gladly talk to them face to face. He doesn't do phone calls, chat or email. I didn't want this to come off as seeming threatening in any way. I can see how some may see it as such, I was only giving character background on my FiL, he's a neat guy.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato