DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing electronic displays in night shots

Red_Pyro

Reactions
Hello everyone,

Quite usual, when you take pictures of trams at night you end up getting blurred displays (by which I mean the tram line).

Do you think it's motion blurr ? I was shooting at 1/160 so I doubt it...

Do you think it's possible to edit by using masks to get a "clean" display ? Or is this type of light diffusion impossible to edit at all ?

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 13.43.51.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-24 at 13.43.51.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
It is not blurry (in the meaning not sharp), it is just very overexposed because it's so bright. It is possible to edit it in Photoshop (or similar) to make it look better. Here is a very quick and dirty try :)

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
It is not blurry (in the meaning not sharp), it is just very overexposed because it's so bright. It is possible to edit it in Photoshop (or similar) to make it look better. Here is a very quick and dirty try :)
that looks very nice. I reckon you used a mask, but what other settings did you apply ? Temperature ?

If your aperture is not fixed at 2.8 try something like 5.6 and see if that clears things up.

What aperture? Could be a DoF issue.
The lens has a huge depth of field at any aperture.
The subject would have to be very close (1-2 metres) from the camera for DoF to be a possible issue.

Okay @Red_Pyro it looks like aperture is not your problem. I am definitely an amateur. I just saw the edited photo and thought it still looked blurry so I thought I'd just give you something to try. 📷

Reactions: Red_Pyro
Simply that the display is so bright compared to the surroundings. Should you expose for the display to look good everything else would be too dark.

If you shoot RAW you can probably do a local adjustment to recover some.

Simply that the display is so bright compared to the surroundings. Should you expose for the display to look good everything else would be too dark.

If you shoot RAW you can probably do a local adjustment to recover some.
yeah I'll just use masks from now on

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121