DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing in DJI Go App for Mavic?

Hi , I don't know if it has been asked before. I did a quick search with no luck.
I am using the Go 4 Editor to join various clips into a single video. As the video is cached in 720p the output version is the same. I know I can import the videos from the SD while the phone is connected to the controller which in turn is connected to the Mavic. My question is if I import from the SD, the existing videos I have edited will be updated with the higher resolution content or I have to edit again from the beginning?

Last edited:
So I shoot in 1080 and download pics and videos over the app to my iPhone 7 the videos and pics look really good but after I edit in DJI editor and say cut a video down so it's like a min long and put music to it the finished product looks real grainy and distorted any ideas

I wonder if it's worth getting a SD card reader for a phone, uploading them onto phone( at higher res) and possibly use the dji go app? Or would it not edit photos other then the ones the mavic uploads directly?

I wonder if it's worth getting a SD card reader for a phone, uploading them onto phone( at higher res) and possibly use the dji go app? Or would it not edit photos other then the ones the mavic uploads directly?

It's a nice way to edit when you are "on the go".
If access to a PC/Mac is difficult, and when the expectations are not very high, you can stitch together various clips and come up very quickly with a nice video.

DJI go 4 is very limited. Not much point using it when there's plenty of apps for android and iOS that will do a better job. You can download videos from connected Mavic but only if they are shot in 1080p or lower resolution. Chached videos are same quality as what you see during flight so any drops in quality due to week signal or interference will show on them, also drops while controller is changing channels. It might be ok if you're on the go and quality is not an issue. As for editing on mobile platforms I've done some research already and can do some recommendations. Quik for iOS does a good job automatically cuting video, has a good choice of music. You can mark specific moments in the video you want in but rest is done for you. If you want to be able to edit full quality 2.7 k or 4K videos things get complicated. On iOS you need iPad Air 2 or above or iPhone 6 or above if I remember correctly the app you want to use for editing is iMovie and you can also do some basic video grading. For that I recommend Chromic. On android only app in play store capable of 4K I found Powerdirector. Before you unlock that paid option make sure your phone/tablet can support it (list of compatibilie processors etc). One app that was pulled from PlayStore but handles 4K on android is Kinemix. It can still be found on other downloads sites and it's free.

Hi everyone So say if I'm taking my laptop on a trip with me the dji app can be used on my laptop for editing or watching back, also how do I know if my laptop will take 4K I bought it about less than 2 yrs ago

Hi everyone So say if I'm taking my laptop on a trip with me the dji app can be used on my laptop for editing or watching back, also how do I know if my laptop will take 4K I bought it about less than 2 yrs ago
It largely depends on the specs, not the age. Size of ram and graphics card. Processor to a degree as well. Some video editing programs let you edit on proxy files which lessens the workload during editing and leaves it for the rendering phase.

It largely depends on the specs, not the age. Size of ram and graphics card. Processor to a degree as well. Some video editing programs let you edit on proxy files which lessens the workload during editing and leaves it for the rendering phase.

Hey mate I'm no computer whiz but this is what I got so does this mean I can't do 4K cos it's 2.7 ghz

It should be enough but it might be a really painful process ( slow and choppy) unless you use proxy files.

That depends on the program you will use for editing. It creates low resolution copies of your video just for editing purposes but the final render I'd done on the original files to keep the quality.

DJI go 4 is very limited. Not much point using it when there's plenty of apps for android and iOS that will do a better job. You can download videos from connected Mavic but only if they are shot in 1080p or lower resolution. Chached videos are same quality as what you see during flight so any drops in quality due to week signal or interference will show on them, also drops while controller is changing channels. It might be ok if you're on the go and quality is not an issue. As for editing on mobile platforms I've done some research already and can do some recommendations. Quik for iOS does a good job automatically cuting video, has a good choice of music. You can mark specific moments in the video you want in but rest is done for you. If you want to be able to edit full quality 2.7 k or 4K videos things get complicated. On iOS you need iPad Air 2 or above or iPhone 6 or above if I remember correctly the app you want to use for editing is iMovie and you can also do some basic video grading. For that I recommend Chromic. On android only app in play store capable of 4K I found Powerdirector. Before you unlock that paid option make sure your phone/tablet can support it (list of compatibilie processors etc). One app that was pulled from PlayStore but handles 4K on android is Kinemix. It can still be found on other downloads sites and it's free.
This is off topic, but these "drops" you speak of, could they be seen as small glitches/ jumps in the footage? I noticed them both( in one particular video) from the cached file on my phone, as well as pulling from SD card and viewing on my laptop.

When I'm uploading in the editing section "original video" it always seems to stop at 40 percent. Anyone else have this issue?

Yeah seems to pause at 40% for a while, but after a few minutes and a cuppa it picks up again and finishes the job.

Is there a way not to have the drone on and RC remote and still be able to edit using the DJI go 4 app?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes