DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing on iPad?

Hwynboy

Reactions
I don’t need to make elaborate videos....just basic stuff. What program is free or cheap to do that on my iPad?

For £20 LumaFusion is a good video editor for iPad, it’s pretty comprehensive for an iPad based editor and the price is outright purchase, no subscription required.
It doesn’t completely replace a desktop solution but it’s good enough for use while travelling. Like any software there’s a learning curve but I find it ok.
Hope that helps.
Martin

For free, and easy - iMovie.
If you want more control of color correction, special fx, titles, audio, etc., LumaFusion. The level of editing Luma can do used to be hundreds of dollars, so under $30 is a solid investment. I started using it about 6 months ago and the learning curve is long... but I found it to be worth it.

iMovie is a good place to start for free, but it's too dumbed down once you start gaining experience. LumaFusion is the best, and worth the money, IMO. $20 or so is nothing compared with all the other accessories we buy for this hobby.

LumaFusion for sure. It may seem very complicated at first, but after playing with it for a few minutes, it begins to make sense. They also have a whole set of tutorial vids on YouTube that are very helpful.

Reactions: Bensherrard1
LumaFusion works on an iPhone and is available, and I have used it to do quick and simple edits, but for very fine edits, a larger screen is better. If all you plan to use it on is an iPhone, I would suggest a simple stylus with a fine tip. That would make it easier to do fine edits.

Reactions: Bensherrard1
LumaFusion works on an iPhone and is available, and I have used it to do quick and simple edits, but for very fine edits, a larger screen is better. If all you plan to use it on is an iPhone, I would suggest a simple stylus with a fine tip. That would make it easier to do fine edits.

iPad mini still too small?

Yeah, an iPad Mini would be great. Perfect compromise between a smaller phone and large iPad. I do use a 10.5” iPad Pro, and although I have no real complaints, when I replace it, I will get the latest Mini.

Lumafusion for sure! I just boght it, and the stuff you can do.... amazing. Using it on a iPad pro 11. If you also have an apple pencil.... so much better. Best regards.

Don't have LumaFusion (but want to get it sometime soon !), but I edit on my ipad mini 4 using the DJO Go4 and iMovie, no problems.
I even do quick edits on the iPhone 6, but nicer to use the mini 4 for sure.

Question. I have a mini 5. And I just installed the iMovie app. I own a spark and platinum pro how do I transfer the pictures that are already in my gallery onto the iMovie app

Question. I have a mini 5. And I just installed the iMovie app. I own a spark and platinum pro how do I transfer the pictures that are already in my gallery onto the iMovie app

Ok, I have the Spark and M1P, so almost same setups.
In iMovie, you click the + botton, and click movie.
Mine automatically goes to a selection screen (as I just did it now, Moments) and I click each clip or photo etc I want to add to the total movie to edit.

So I might click a photo to open the scene with a Ken Burns effect, or, have a black screen photo (taken on leg or whatever) to put some opening text to.
Then click say 2 clips I made in that flight, or even multiple flights in that area, or of the same theme.
Then click create movie at bottom of screen.

These open up in the editing page then, to put them in whatever order you want, clip them down, add transitions, I don't add music here though, but could if I downloaded some I guess.

When happy, click Done.

You can then click the save icon bottom screen (arrow up over box) to share or save vid.
I usually save in the same res I shoot (1080), it goes to photos album on the device.

You can add music in DJI Go4 Editor too, they have a decent range, or I've been adding when uploading to YouTube for some different tunes.

Just play with some short clips and phtos to start, should be easy to pick it up, but loads of tutorials on YouTube also if needed.

Good luck.

IF YOU MEAN how to get the pics / clips from the aircraft micro SD gallery to the ipad mini 5, there are several ways.
I won't go into it yet with all methods, as I am replying thinking they are in the gallery on the device (are you using the mini 5 to fly too ?)

But how I do it.
As I'm shooting 1080, I usually just transfer via wifi, leaving the micro sd in the aircraft.
It's slower, especially for video clips of say more than 4 or 5 mins, I wouldn't use this method if flying the pro and filming an entire 20 mins or so.
I use wifi when I'm packing up, or even driving home (or down the road) as it can take 4 or 5 mins.

You go to the galley in play via the go4 app, click the ones you want (several pics or 1 vid clip usually is best), then save to device gallery.

Edit - fixed typos

Last edited:
Reactions: Platinum 4 ever
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa