DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Editing Software - Searched and tried a few - additional questions

westwind77

Reactions
I did a search and found a TON of threads on what editing software to use....endless suggestions....but it seems there are the few main ones that get brought up again and again...one of those being Resolve. I installed it and played around with it but it was not very user intuitive. I saw the Adobe software come up (premiere pro), but I was not interested in spending a lot of $$ to start with. I also looked into the Premiere Elements as well, but it does not look like it really offers a lot of editing features, but I could be wrong.

Resolve looks like it could be a winner, but I have to find tutorials to figure out how best to use it.

It looks like the PolarPro offers software for Resolve as well...but I have yet to search to see if it is any good and requires D-log recording.

That of course brings up what setting to record in! So many questions! From what I read and quickly played with inside, D-log is very flat but also does not clip the highs and lows. I actually found D-Cinelike to be pretty good inside (will play outside once the weather clears).

I guess in the end.....am I missing any other good editing software to try out? This is going to be a hobby so nothing too crazy. Is there a consensus on what setting is best to record in or is it a matter or preference and if you plan to edit later?

I have always been into photography and have used Lightroom since it was introduced and have used PhotoShop for a while as well (currently on the CC plan).

Thanks!

Reactions: eek
I did a search and found a TON of threads on what editing software to use....endless suggestions....but it seems there are the few main ones that get brought up again and again...one of those being Resolve. I installed it and played around with it but it was not very user intuitive. I saw the Adobe software come up (premiere pro), but I was not interested in spending a lot of $$ to start with. I also looked into the Premiere Elements as well, but it does not look like it really offers a lot of editing features, but I could be wrong.

Resolve looks like it could be a winner, but I have to find tutorials to figure out how best to use it.

It looks like the PolarPro offers software for Resolve as well...but I have yet to search to see if it is any good and requires D-log recording.

That of course brings up what setting to record in! So many questions! From what I read and quickly played with inside, D-log is very flat but also does not clip the highs and lows. I actually found D-Cinelike to be pretty good inside (will play outside once the weather clears).

I guess in the end.....am I missing any other good editing software to try out? This is going to be a hobby so nothing too crazy. Is there a consensus on what setting is best to record in or is it a matter or preference and if you plan to edit later?

I have always been into photography and have used Lightroom since it was introduced and have used PhotoShop for a while as well (currently on the CC plan).

Thanks!
Howdy from Wyoming Westwind77, I use Power derectorpro, try the free version then upgrade for 15 dollars if you like it, pretty good android system. It will handle 4k
Good luck.

Resolve 14 is what i have found good.

Its free and youtube has loads of tutorials!

I've been using Vegas Pro for many years. While it's not cheap, there is a non-pro version ~ Vegas Movie Studio, which is quite nice and intuitive editor that you can get for cheap.

I use Adobe CC Premiere Pro, but the cost and learning curve are steep (I still struggle to do some things). It's worth the cost to me because I use Lightroom and Photoshop almost daily, and Premiere a few times a month.

This article has reasonable advice for free video editors: Top 6 Free Video Editing Software Programs. Before buying Adobe CC I used Windows MovieMaker. It was good enough for simple, short videos, and even though it was discontinued, can still be downloaded and works with Windows 10.

Reactions: SteveAus
GoPro Studio is excellent and it’s free. Using advanced settings will give you gamma, lift and gain adjustment. I used it in my Phantom GoPro days and was pleased to see that it read the Mavic files without problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM