DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Efficiency of the original DJI Mavic PRO Platinum propeller

Dynamicus

Reactions
G8331F_230301.png
The chart shows that when the propeller reaches 4874 rpm, it has an efficiency of almost 9% (8.6% to be exact). However, as the rpm increases further, the efficiency drops further. If one propeller reaches 4874 rpm, it produces a thrust of about 185 g and four propellers produce a total thrust of 740 g. And since the weight of the drone is 734 g, at 4874 rpm it starts to climb upwards. So increasing the rpm further would not make any more sense regarding the graph.

But the propeller efficiency of 8.6% achieved is not dazzling, creating room for significant propeller innovation. Every propeller designer should be interested in achieving the highest possible efficiency in a propeller, which will allow further modifications to significantly improve other parameters (noise, thrust, acceleration or battery life).

Greetings Dynamicus, welcome to the forum from the outback of Australia. I don’t suppose you have tested the master airscrew props for the MPP.
Regards

Now I plan to measure the efficiency of the original propeller from DJI mavic mini and from DJI mini 2. I have these propellers at my disposal. Unfortunately, I don't have any other propellers available at the moment. If there is someone (preferably from the EU, so I don't have to pay VAT and customs fees) who will lend me a propeller from any manufacturer, I will gladly measure the propeller and publish the results. I can also do a comparison test of two or three propellers from different manufacturers so that the differences (efficiency, thrust, ...) can be seen from one graph.

Maybe some propeller manufacturer (from EU, USA, Australia, etc.) will notice these graphs and show interest in producing the first really high efficiency propellers for the most popular drones. I can provide such a manufacturer with more of my aerodynamics knowledge to make the upgraded propellers the absolute aerodynamic top of the line.

Now I plan to measure the efficiency of the original propeller from DJI mavic mini and from DJI mini 2. I have these propellers at my disposal. Unfortunately, I don't have any other propellers available at the moment. If there is someone (preferably from the EU, so I don't have to pay VAT and customs fees) who will lend me a propeller from any manufacturer, I will gladly measure the propeller and publish the results. I can also do a comparison test of two or three propellers from different manufacturers so that the differences (efficiency, thrust, ...) can be seen from one graph.

Maybe some propeller manufacturer (from EU, USA, Australia, etc.) will notice these graphs and show interest in producing the first really high efficiency propellers for the most popular drones. I can provide such a manufacturer with more of my aerodynamics knowledge to make the upgraded propellers the absolute aerodynamic top of the line.
Not familiar with the EU, if I was to send you a set of props, you would have to pay VAT and duty. That’s a bit mean. 😀
Regards

I'm pleased to see your interest in efficiency. I hope to get a propeller from DJI mini 3 by the end of the month or so. Maybe someone from Germany will lend me a propeller, as there are a large number of DJI mini 3 owners there. I have now finished the propeller test from the DJI mavic mini. I will post the chart later tonight or tomorrow. From this chart it will be possible to estimate a little bit the efficiency of the propeller from the DJI mini 3 as well, because the propellers from the DJI mavic mini, DJI mini 2 and DJI mini 3 are very similar in shape (apparently they were designed by the same designer). They differ mainly in weight, the lightest propeller is from the DJI mavic mini, a little bit heavier is from the DJI mini 2 and the heaviest is apparently from the DJI mini 3. Just out of interest: yesterday I was checking what the highest speed the propeller reaches on my DJI mini 2 - I measured about 15000 rpm, that surprised me quite a bit, I thought it would be much less.

Reactions: Gagey52

Previous conversations.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato