DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Electronic ‘in flight’ Drone ID Proposed

Funny how the majority of the ones complaining about these possible new rules are also the ones who routinely break regulations, complain about not being able to fly in NFZ/ controlled airspace, and would do anything to hack their devices to disable safeguards.
FAA, please listen. Those who do not hold a certificated pilots license should be restricted to a maximum altitude of 400 ft. AGL and able to fly in Class G airspace only. Only certificated aircraft pilots (ATP, commercial, private, recreational, sport) should be allowed to fly in any controlled airspace. My reasoning is confirmed on this board every single day.
I'm sure they found the people flying those quads they only stay in the air for so long and if they're in helicopters they could easily follow them back home. You're going to have dumb people do dumb things no matter how many rules and regulations you put in place. Show me where rules and regulations has stopped 100% of dumb people doing dumb things!

Reactions: RC5728
Funny how the majority of the ones complaining about these possible new rules are also the ones who routinely break regulations, complain about not being able to fly in NFZ/ controlled airspace, and would do anything to hack their devices to disable safeguards.
FAA, please listen. Those who do not hold a certificated pilots license should be restricted to a maximum altitude of 400 ft. AGL and able to fly in Class G airspace only. Only certificated aircraft pilots (ATP, commercial, private, recreational, sport) should be allowed to fly in any controlled airspace. My reasoning is confirmed on this board every single day.
First off how do you know a majority? Where are you getting these numbers? If people are going to break the rules they're not going to register their quad and not everybody has $1,000 quad that has GPS and all the tracking information. I think it has to do with the government and too many restrictions and rules as it is and that they do not stop the problem! I think all the rules regulations are fine for commercial pilots making money but there's no need to regulate me flying in my backyard 15 - 80 ft my backyard or on my 80 acres of land!

It's confirmed everyday from this site? Really do you know how many quads have been sold in the United States of America alone? Do you know how many of those have killed people or crashed into planes? Give me a break!! Let me guess you have a part 107 license so you feel your more privileged than other people that just want to have fun!

I'm opposed to it. On the surface it makes perfect sense. but once the govt gets their claws into something they take more and more control until they restrict it completely. So right now as its proposed its probably a good thing but once its an accepted practice they ratchet up the requirements little by little until they destroy competition and only big companies with deep pockets like DJI will have the lobbying power to remain in business. There will be a weight penalty, higher price and more oversight that will limit our choices and push out good people that would have otherwise played by the rules, meanwhile the rule breakers will still operate. Its like when a politician cries "Its for the children" How could anyone be against that? except once they get you to agree to be regulated on one thing here come 10 more. I would argue that safety isn't their motivator just rather control.

Reactions: Blades
The fact they are introducing strict rules is very good news, because the alternative would be a outright ban on RC craft. So they are taking this seriously.Thumbswayup

Here in the UK, i have not heard of anything like this yet from the CAA.

I'm opposed to it. On the surface it makes perfect sense. but once the govt gets their claws into something they take more and more control until they restrict it completely. So right now as its proposed its probably a good thing but once its an accepted practice they ratchet up the requirements little by little until they destroy competition and only big companies with deep pockets like DJI will have the lobbying power to remain in business. There will be a weight penalty, higher price and more oversight that will limit our choices and push out good people that would have otherwise played by the rules, meanwhile the rule breakers will still operate. Its like when a politician cries "Its for the children" How could anyone be against that? except once they get you to agree to be regulated on one thing here come 10 more. I would argue that safety isn't their motivator just rather control.
Thank you for sharing common sense that so many seem to be lacking! I agree with you...

The fact they are introducing strict rules is very good news, because the alternative would be a outright ban on RC craft. So they are taking this seriously.Thumbswayup

Here in the UK, i have not heard of anything like this yet from the CAA.
I doubt it would be banned outright. They are trying to get the hobbyist out of it so they can make money from it and the commercial companies with Deep Pockets we'll be the only ones to fly over other people, houses Etc.. The UK is not America and does not have our constitution or our freedoms.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78