DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Emirates accept drones as checked-in baggage only

Casey Neistat flew his Spark drone inside his first class cabin on Emirates.

Last edited:
This could be a really good reason for airlines to ban drones on flight. Check this out. The link didn’t work right skip to 7:20

Reactions: Callum
I flew Air France from LAX, Paris to Dubai, packed my Mavic Pro in my backpack with 3 batteries, remote and full mavic bag.

No problem.

Im flying tmrw on Emirates straight into Dubai. Hope it works out well. Any one have issues flying in or out of Dubai?

May be he got is @$$ whooped by Emirates. In the Mavic Air review he talked about respecting local laws :)

May be he got is @$$ whooped by Emirates. In the Mavic Air review he talked about respecting local laws :)
It's unlikely that Emirates did anything of the sort -- they actually paid him to be there.

He has been being more careful about laws in Manhattan after the FAA opened numerous files on his behaviour. His bosses at CNN made it clear to him that they didn't want to be held responsible for anything that went wrong.

Reactions: coop64
The funny thing is that they sell the Mavic in Dubai Duty free.. I would not be too worried

I took the safe option on my flights last week and left it in the check-in. The ground staff in Sydney said it was OK to take in the cabin when I asked, and there aren't any cabin baggage checks in Sydney.

But, you still have the baggage scans in Dubai, and that was what I was concerned with. Has anyone gone through the baggage scans in Dubai and able to provide info on what happens there?

My bag was scanned in Dubai with a mavic inside but had no issue getting it thru, but I guess you could get unlucky since they scan all bags.

My bag was scanned in Dubai with a mavic inside but had no issue getting it thru, but I guess you could get unlucky since they scan all bags.

So did you bring it in your hand luggage? Did they scan you once or twice(heard about arriving and depating scans also fur just stopover) ...Thinking about carrying my tiny mavic air but I'm pretty worried right now.. battery and propellers off and I hope it will be fine..

So did you bring it in your hand luggage? Did they scan you once or twice(heard about arriving and depating scans also fur just stopover) ...Thinking about carrying my tiny mavic air but I'm pretty worried right now.. battery and propellers off and I hope it will be fine..

Yes, it was in my hand luggage. If you transit to another flight they only scan your bag once in Dubai. But I guess it’s better to be safe than sorry, if possible I would find a hard case hand put it in your checked in luggage just to be safe.

I just found out the rule about drones on emirates flights :(

We are flying to asia with only cabin lugguage and we packed for maximum 7kg. One small bag and everything with us. Its a bummer that i have to check in the mavic now. Of course its my own fault. What would you do in this case? Is it even possible to just check in a mavic in a hrdcase without anything else? We dont have lugguage to check in :/
Can you pack it up and mail it? Not sure if that is any better.

Any news about taking your drone in the cabin luggage in Dubai?
I’m flying with Emirates from Portugal to Sri Lanka and have my connection flight in Dubai.
Still not sure what I’m going to do about it. Cabin luggage or checked luggage...

I understand some idiot tried to fly a drone inside the cabin of an Emirates flight. Hence the ban on drones in the cabin.

I will also fly with Emirates over Dubai to the Maledives. Did anyone try to take it in the cabin baggage? I don't want to lose my new drone with my luggage - and they treat your luggage very well.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using MavicPilots mobile app
Hi

i am curious to know about this as i am going to be flying the same route. Dubai to maldives.

I understand some idiot tried to fly a drone inside the cabin of an Emirates flight. Hence the ban on drones in the cabin.

Yes in fact they DID fly it onboard during flight.
Inside one of the Emirates private cabins.
Was one of the popular (but rebellious type) YouTube “stars”.
Not sure if this was the only case that swayed the policy, or how they found out (most likely the YT video, which is still freely there).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrose