DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Emirates Mavic Air carry on

macnug

Reactions
Hi Guys,

i was wondering if someone of you did carry on the Mavic Air in an Emirates flight.
In few days i will leave from MXP-JFK-LAX and i heard of Emirates drone policy.

Seems that drones must be in the checked lugguage. I will fly with a backpack so i am deeply concerned on damages may occurs with a not-rigid lugguage.

thank you

Marco

Should and heard are iffy words to go by . I would make some calls .

Hi I have travelled many times on Emirates with my drone in hand-luggage. I just don't declare it to them. Even in Dubai the x-ray scanning people don't seem to worry about them!

I would keep it in my carry on and don't check it in specially the batteries the change in air pressure will cause the batteries is to burst and catch on fire.

Recently travelled Emirates in Asia as well as Europe with my Mavic plus three batteries in hand luggage. Had no issues at security scan. As per general aviation rules you should discharge your batteries to less than 30% and keep them in hand luggage. Don't put them in your check in bags.

Hi Guys,

i was wondering if someone of you did carry on the Mavic Air in an Emirates flight.

Seems that drones must be in the checked lugguage. I will fly with a backpack so i am deeply concerned on damages may occurs with a not-rigid lugguage.

thank you

Marco
If you cannot carry it with you inside the plane then DONOT take it.... I wouldn't check it in to have it sit in the belly of the airplane..Once you put in on the conveyor belt you wont see it again until you land or next flight. Things get bounced around, things seem to walk away themselves etc....Don't let it out of your site

Hi Guys,

thank you

Marco
I've carried my Mavic with 3 batteries (one installed in the bird) in a FlyMore bag as hand luggage to Indonesia, flying with Emirates in the locker above my head, with Ethiopian Airways to Zimbabwe & South African Airlines to South Africa. Why put the drone itself in the hold? It might get damaged by rough handling. If necessary tape the battery terminals up. Don't lose any sleep about this. It'll be O.K. As this forum has said many times, no batteries in the hold!

Reactions: Dan C
Same. Just did an Africa to Las Vegas round trip (I'm deployed in Africa) with my MA and everything in the dji fly more carry case as carry on luggage. Not a single problem. None of the screening points even asked to remove anything from the case. One person asked and I said 'batteries inside' and off it went thru the xray without a hitch. I would never risk sticking a high piece of gear (temptation) in a checked bag...

Thank you guys for the explanation.
Now I am in LA and I took my Mavic air with me in the carryon baggage. Everything in all the security check went without issues.
Regarding the Emirates policy I saw how bags are throws with bad care. Im glad to have put my drone in the carryon, otherwise for sure it would get damaged.

Reactions: Dan C
Hi, i recently travel in Copa Airlines from JFK to Uruguay in my backpack without incident, batteries fully discharged and all in its original packaging.
The only thing to noticed is that my MA was magnetized, perhaps by x rays or just travelling by plane.

Anytime you travel more than about 50miles you will need to do compass calibration.

But just by calibrating the compass it was no demagnetized. Having no magnets at home i had to do it with a pair of my own car speakers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy