DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

English Mugs

Rchawks

Reactions
Quick background on why I posting this here. My wife broke 2 of the 3 we still had from a purchase made 40 yrs ago. They are made in England. The last one does have a stress fracture as you can see. I can't find these cups anywhere online, so the reason I'm turning to members who live in the UK to see if they have ever seen them locally. I didn't want to post under private conversation to any members as this doesn't concern drone issues. They measure 3 inches (7.62 cm at the top) and 4 inches long (10.16 cm) more or less. Any links from your local stores would be greatly appreciated. The material is ceramic.IMG_0657.jpgIMG_0654.jpg

I'll keep my eyes open too, but as many of the English potteries that mass producing stuff like this have gone bust (e.g. Hornsea Pottery in Yorkshire) and many others around Stoke-on-Trent. A "Made in England" stamp like that was pretty common though; I have a number of commerative and other ornamental ceramic mugs from the same era with similar embossed logos, and I'm pretty sure they're not *all* from the same manufacturer. That realistically means your best bet is probably keeping an eye on Ebay, Etsy, et. al for genuine vintage copies if that's what you're after.

Alternatively, these mugs are pretty similar to the ones you tend to find in company staff kitchens that are typically branded with the corporate logo, so it might be worth checking out UK mug wholesalers aimed at that market if replicas will suffice. I deeply suspect that many of them will be importing "blank" mugs in bulk from the usual suspects for such things and just printing the designs on them though, and a spot check of some my examples of those obtained from trade shows, etc. all only have a 2D printed label under the glaze on the base.

Good hunting!

Reactions: Rchawks
Thank you Gentleman.:)
The new mugs all have a larger Dia at the top which causes the coffee to get cold much faster.

Last edited:
Reactions: THE CYBORG
Tried ordering a set online, not even close to the size they claimed, soup bowls with handles. Back they go.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929