DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Enterprise vs Lume Cube Air

Im wondering if the Spot Lights are equal or better than the singe Lume Cube using the top attachment .
is there something the spot light can do that the lume cannot ?

Phantomrain.org
Gear for your Mavic
Coal
Great question. There was a nice comparison video done by FlytPath on youtube. He uses the Mavic 2 Lighting Kit and DJI's SPOT side by side. Check it out:

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Yes, that would be a good alternative for having the cubes. Being able to use them with other platforms.
Yes i agree on the weight of the cubes , thus I was thinking just one of the cubes on the top , but I was hoping to find something better than the Spot LIghts but it appears that not going to happen. Now im looking for a way to run the Spot Lights from my Mavic 2 zoom, with some kind of adapter for them. Thank you

Phantomrain.org
Coal

This is a great demo of what I was talking about. As you can see, if you are
However, we generally are consistently above 100' and closer to 150' for most applications, so the cubes are not effective for us. Additionally, we assist the guys on the ground with the lighting, which means for the cubes if we wanted to just provide a little lught and then have the camera pick up the image is one thing, but it doesn't help the guys on the ground locating subjects.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I have an M2P and M2Dual.

I attached 3 Lume Cubes to the M2P (see photo) and flew it against the M2Duak light attachment.

View attachment 80724

The Lume Cubes have more total lumens, 4500 vs 2400, but the Dual's light is much more focused and tended to illuminate objects more cleanly.

Awesome thank you for this confirmation, Took me awhile to understand that lumens our not as important as the throw .
I am currently stuck trying to figure out how to use the Spot light on the Mavic 2

Phantomrain.org
Coal

How much airtime did you get with that configuration? That's quite a bit of weight even for just 2 cubes on there. The throw is definitely more useful in our operations. If we are inside a house, then the cubes are fine, but again we lose lots of airtime and trying to keep up with the charge is nearly impossible to keep up with the time it takes for charging.
I have an M2P and M2Dual.

I attached 3 Lume Cubes to the M2P (see photo) and flew it against the M2Duak light attachment.

View attachment 80724

The Lume Cubes have more total lumens, 4500 vs 2400, but the Dual's light is much more focused and tended to illuminate objects more cleanly.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro