DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Epson Moverio BT-300 DJI Go 4 App Issues

TreeburnerCT

Reactions
Received my Epson Moverio BT-300 smart glasses yesterday and spent last night setting them up and familiarizing myself with the controls. Today I tried to connect my Mavic, but the Go 4 app is crashing as soon as I plug in the RC and allow USB access or as soon as I open the app manually. If I remove all app data and re-login the app loads once, but if I close and restart or connect the Mavic the app crashes immediately.

Is there some trick to connecting the Mavic to the BT-300s? What order should I power things on? Should I uninstall and try a different version? Tried side-loading the newest app version but it couldn't download resource files, only the version from the Moverio Market (4.1.3) would open.

UPDATE: After uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Go 4 app and not getting anywhere, I rebooted the glasses and then an Android update was prompted. After updating the OS now the app is working and I was able to try it for the first time! Minor lag was slightly annoying, but if I stared at my tablet screen constantly while flying around I'm sure I would see the same amount of lag. The biggest annoyance is the home button being so easy to bump while using the trackpad, forcing the Go 4 app to minimize. Probably just a matter of familiarity with button placement but this will take some getting used to.

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited:
Reactions: ksmusa
Received my Epson Moverio BT-300 smart glasses yesterday and spent last night setting them up and familiarizing myself with the controls. Today I tried to connect my Mavic, but the Go 4 app is crashing as soon as I plug in the RC and allow USB access or as soon as I open the app manually. If I remove all app data and re-login the app loads once, but if I close and restart or connect the Mavic the app crashes immediately.

Is there some trick to connecting the Mavic to the BT-300s? What order should I power things on? Should I uninstall and try a different version? Tried side-loading the newest app version but it couldn't download resource files, only the version from the Moverio Market (4.1.3) would open.

UPDATE: After uninstalling and reinstalling the DJI Go 4 app and not getting anywhere, I rebooted the glasses and then an Android update was prompted. After updating the OS now the app is working and I was able to try it for the first time! Minor lag was slightly annoying, but if I stared at my tablet screen constantly while flying around I'm sure I would see the same amount of lag. The biggest annoyance is the home button being so easy to bump while using the trackpad, forcing the Go 4 app to minimize. Probably just a matter of familiarity with button placement but this will take some getting used to.

Thanks,
Joe
by rebooting do you mean turned them off using the power button then restarting? I'm having the same problem but I believe I rebooted AND updated the Android box.

Yes, I completely shut the glasses down then restarted and was prompted to update the "System Software", aka the Android OS. If that doesn't work you could try manually updating from the system settings.

Ultimately I decided I did not like the glasses. They are a neat idea poorly implemented. Once they come out with a version with adequate system resources to stream video without lag then I will consider reinvesting, but I'd much prefer a version with Google Play Store compatibility so they aren't crippled on the software end, unfortunately the only company approved for Google services on smart glasses is Google.

-Joe

Thanks I'm going to try doing it manually. I want to make sure everything is current before I lose my mind. These glasses seem to have the least drawback for me. I am doing a lot of close in cinematic type shooting where the position of the drone is so close you have to keep an eye on it and make sure your shot is framed. I don't want to pay someone to yell if the drone is heading into a tree. LOL. I have the goggles and although nothing could be better for framing up a shot they feel like one of those old school diving helmets and are cumbersome to "flip up" for a quick reality check. If I can get the glasses to work they can be used with the Ace enclosure for long distance flying. I guess you have to love being on the bleeding edge to appreciate where this technology is going. Plus you have to accept the fact that to some extent you are a venture capitalist for giant corporations. I totally agree with your desire to wait it out, I should do the same but prob won't. :) Thanks again for the reply, it helps.

I figured I could deal with the downsides in order to benefit from this new technology, but ultimately the lag and poor OS/navigation made it impractical to rely on. Hopefully you find them more useful than I did.

-Joe

Make sure you have the correct version of GO 4 (take the one from the Moverio app store). Any application you install that is offered through the Google Play store will immediately terminate upon activation without any message/reason.

I had the same issue until I updated the Android OS. I checked for an update when I first got them but didn't show any updates available. After checking checking again, it was available. After the update everything works great.

Thanks I'm going to try doing it manually. I want to make sure everything is current before I lose my mind. These glasses seem to have the least drawback for me. I am doing a lot of close in cinematic type shooting where the position of the drone is so close you have to keep an eye on it and make sure your shot is framed. I don't want to pay someone to yell if the drone is heading into a tree. LOL. I have the goggles and although nothing could be better for framing up a shot they feel like one of those old school diving helmets and are cumbersome to "flip up" for a quick reality check. If I can get the glasses to work they can be used with the Ace enclosure for long distance flying. I guess you have to love being on the bleeding edge to appreciate where this technology is going. Plus you have to accept the fact that to some extent you are a venture capitalist for giant corporations. I totally agree with your desire to wait it out, I should do the same but prob won't. :) Thanks again for the reply, it helps.
Please do tell us what's your verdict on the Moverio later. I am interested in getting one, but after reading lots of discussion about it, I am leaning towards not getting one. Probably I'll have to wait until Google make one that works better :)

Please do tell us what's your verdict on the Moverio later. I am interested in getting one, but after reading lots of discussion about it, I am leaning towards not getting one. Probably I'll have to wait until Google make one that works better :)
I just purchased a pair and they work perfectly ...no noticable lag...very bright and crisp display...no trying to view a washed out phone or tablet..give a whole new flying experience...Dave

Reactions: Porto
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gottawonder