DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Epson Moverio BT300, BT30e, BT35e - "Burn in"

V2Rotate

Reactions
As I'm sure most of you Moverio users know, Epson uses twin OLED projection in the glasses. In the front of the manual for the BT35e's (I imagine the other Moverios have the same warning) it states that being OLED the glasses are prone to "burn in". The manual goes on to say you should vary the screen content to mitigate the issue (not really practical if you are running Go4). Just wondering if anyone has had any issues or is this just the usual PYA companies write in their manuals. Thanks

haven't had any problems in 3 years, but usually the screen is not static all the time when flying, if you were worried you could always just disconnect the cable

Thanks for the reply. If you have followed LG OLED TV's they are notorious for burn-in. I realise the GO4 screen changes but thought maybe the icons might have been problematic. It was such a prominent warning though in the manual I thought maybe there was something to it. If you haven't had a problem in 3 years though that pretty much answers it...all good and thank you again.

ANY Oled screen is susceptable to burn-in.....like the Plasmas tv's of yesteryear......
LCD, no issues, but old tech...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98