DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Epson Moverio BT-40 Glasses users for FPV? [USB-C to any phone, FHD]

Hexenhammer

Reactions
Guys,

Here is an idea, ASUS ROG Phones all come with 2 USB-C ports, I have ROG2 phone as backup [moved to 12 pro max last year], so people can buy them second hand, i think ASUS is up to ROG4 or ROG5, so there are lots of second hand options.
The second USB-C port is 10Gbps [the normal one is USB 2.0] and used for video for their accessories that they sell.
But its normal port that I use for data transfer 10Gbp is faster then USB 2.0.
So i think its a cheap solution for FPV, no need to wait for the 1K glasses that have android build in.

What i want to know is basically 2 things
1) Do android lock out when you use them for video, i mean if I plug glasses does the screen stays on so we can use the touch function.

2) Whats the general opinion on BT300 and BT350 for FPV with drones, like side loading the DJI/Autel app and fly?
Does it feel like real FPV [I know its slower]

P.S. I would buy the glasses on amazon to test, but alas right nowi have no drones, waiting for new Autel and DJI coming, im open to both DJI mini 3 and Nano Plus or even Lite Plus and DJI Mavic 3, the last one depends how much it goes for]
I can buy DJI FPV kit and then cheap mini3 or nano+, but Im afraid that i wont be able to fly it since im alone and sitting with big classes covering field of view, by yourself in a park is a meh, because even if some dog goes buy and scares me i might remove the glasses and the drone will crash or something.
I considered opening a window of my apartment, puting the DJI FPV Drone on the split AC unit as launch pad [its made of plastic on the outside] and fly it from inside of the apartment, like a boss. but ill be limited in range since the building is made of concrete.

And Moverio drone FPV is kinda hits all buttons and can be good for everything, work and having fun too.

Last edited:
Here is a post from 4pda forum

- Asus ROG phone
I'm using it now. Not the most budget solution - the 2nd one can be found for $ 300, the 5th is on a level with the Smart controller, or even more expensive, depending on the amount of memory, but that's how I was going to change the phone, then I took the 5th. The 2,3,5th version for our theme is no different, the bottom line is that it has 2 USB ports and although the instructions say that they do not work fully at the same time, with certain settings in the developer menu, everything is connected and displays the picture on the glasses ... Of certain problems, it can be noted: it was possible to connect only with a native cable to the console; the phone in the remote control clamp has to be moved to the side, tk. the second port is blocked, but it does not bother me; the screen of the phone has an aspect ratio not 16: 9, then the picture in glasses is smaller than we would like. black bars appear above and below, the issue is resolved through ADB (wm size 720x1280, well, or whatever you need) or through the free SecondScreen application
It looks like this23730590.jpg

Reactions: Hexenhammer
Here is a post from 4pda forum

- Asus ROG phone
I'm using it now. Not the most budget solution - the 2nd one can be found for $ 300, the 5th is on a level with the Smart controller, or even more expensive, depending on the amount of memory, but that's how I was going to change the phone, then I took the 5th. The 2,3,5th version for our theme is no different, the bottom line is that it has 2 USB ports and although the instructions say that they do not work fully at the same time, with certain settings in the developer menu, everything is connected and displays the picture on the glasses ... Of certain problems, it can be noted: it was possible to connect only with a native cable to the console; the phone in the remote control clamp has to be moved to the side, tk. the second port is blocked, but it does not bother me; the screen of the phone has an aspect ratio not 16: 9, then the picture in glasses is smaller than we would like. black bars appear above and below, the issue is resolved through ADB (wm size 720x1280, well, or whatever you need) or through the free SecondScreen application
It looks like thisView attachment 135814

Thanks for letting me know!!!
The post feels like translation from otehr language. Перевод с Pуского?

What confusing here is these glasses in the photo, they are HDMI, so how they connected?
I had a chance to order them for like 80$, i did and then canceled because i found reviews saying they not good like looking at 15inch screen through Hole in a paper.
While modern glasses make it like looking at large screens, but if i knew it has USB-C for that price I would keep them.
My options now is GOOVIS Young [it got 200$ more expensive since Augustus] and Moveria BT-40, both usb-c

Thanks for letting me know!!!
The post feels like translation from otehr language. Перевод с Pуского?
Да :)

Connected via a USB-C to HDMI adapter. I didn't like these glasses either, I took GOOVIS LITE for myself, $ 500. It remains to buy Assus Rog :)

Да :)

Connected via a USB-C to HDMI adapter. I didn't like these glasses either, I took GOOVIS LITE for myself, $ 500. It remains to buy Assus Rog :)
Any reason you chose goovis lite and not goovis young? Young is native usbc
Question, the GOOVIS guys on amazon told me that Goovis Lite has build in mirror option, is that true?
So i can send the phone screen to the goovis wireless

Do you like the quality of the lite?

Price ... And Goovis Joung does not support 3D mode - sometimes you want to watch movies :)

Miracast is not included in the package .. And large signal delays.

The picture quality is excellent. However, GOOVIS Joung probably has a bigger screen.

Reactions: Hexenhammer
Price ... And Goovis Joung does not support 3D mode - sometimes you want to watch movies :)

Miracast is not included in the package .. And large signal delays.

The picture quality is excellent. However, GOOVIS Joung probably has a bigger screen.

Can you give me a link to the Russian forum you posted this information?
Thanks

Thank you.
Was it you that wrote about single lens boxes for mobile phones on aliexpress? a week ago i searched for like a hour both on aliexpress and amazon and couldn't find any.
I managed to find a single model that has its website and sold specifically for FPV, called MagiMask, but its 129USD

If you have any good ones on aliexpress, please share a link

This is potentially on the wrong forum, but someone else would be able to tell you for sure. This probably would have been more suited to ‘FPV pilots’.

Reactions: BSauce955
No, I didn't write. Initially, I do not like the idea - they are very difficult.
Hey, I found a great device for Drone FPV, its handheld Android game console with same chipset as ROG2 BUT it has Real HDMI out and its rather cheap, comes in 4GB and 8Gb ram edition

This is potentially on the wrong forum, but someone else would be able to tell you for sure. This probably would have been more suited to ‘FPV pilots’.

The real FPV are analog all the way, they even snob at DJI FPV kit/drone.

I just want to fly a drone and have the same FPV feeling AND to help with the sun, full cover glasses can do that.

Early on DJI was open to the idea, they had HDMI out on controllers and DJI glasses, now its all gone, its hard to understand such business decision, since such devices are sold as add-on products so its more sales from customers that already own your products, also i dont get it why they cant make DJI FPV glasses to sync with the drones, they all run ocusynq.
So we have to find workarounds

Hey, I found a great device for Drone FPV, its handheld Android game console with same chipset as ROG2 BUT it has Real HDMI out and its rather cheap, comes in 4GB and 8Gb ram edition
Interesting device, but - it's not coming soon - Estimated Shipping
January 2022

Looks good. But it's crowdfunding, so it could be 6 months or a year later too, or even never actually arrive.

Looks good. But it's crowdfunding, so it could be 6 months or a year later too, or even never actually arrive.

No, no, this one will arrive, its not a new brand and these devices are meant for game emulators so people that into that hobby know about the company [they have reddit forum too], also some YT people already got samples
here is a pre-view if you interested

Its good price, and i may get one if they replay to my email, i want the basic one with Chinese chipset not QD845, that chipset benchamrks faster then QD, but has low support for now, but i want it for flying so i just care about raw speed in the os, also during checkout for under 20$ you can add 4GB of ram so 8GB total and for some extra change 64Gb of space for 128 total

Yes it does look legit but it IS a new brand.
Might get one as well but will probably wait until people start actually getting them. Would go with the SD version though because of DP over USB-C that the other one lacks, plus WoA support.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143