Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Everyone should watch this!

Drone Master

Rest In Peace, Fellow Pilot
Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is why I love DJI Products!

there's nothing to stop Americans or Europeans to create their own drone company. But if you are a smart person, and want to be in the fore front of drone tech, you would want to work with one of the best drone company out there, which so happens to be a Chinese company. So...

Reactions: Tinmania
DJI is certainly an impressive company with a broad product line. I do not agree with a bunch of their marketing and product BS especially every time I turn on my MP and find another limititation to my fun.
Then the spin off product BS with a new drone every week or two.
But this drone thing is an expanding global market and everybody wants in.
in my own state of New York about 70 miles from where i live there is the largest drone research and facility in the United States..... Northeast UAS Airspace Integration Research Alliance Home » NUAIR Alliance

There is a line in a famous movie (here in the states) "if you build it they will come" and while I am not a by any extent a fan of China I have many many of my elected politicians in Washington DC lining their personal pockets with big money doing buisness through their adult children setting up lucrative deals with China.

Also I am old enough to remember when ANYTHING made in Japan was just junk. Today Japan produces some of the best technology and products on the planet bar none. There is absolutely no reason to believe China will not eventually replicate Japan's performance and become a massive global supplier . I am already seeing this in my line of work (i print tee shirts) and what I would see made in Hati, Honduras, VietNam etc now comes in with a tag that says....MADE IN CHINA .
So my point simply is this, we live in a global market and we all work hard to earn and keep our money. We will take that money to task where it best suits our success and nobody forces any of us to buy in restricted markets privately.
mikemoose55

DJI is certainly an impressive company with a broad product line. I do not agree with a bunch of their marketing and product BS especially every time I turn on my MP and find another limititation to my fun.
Then the spin off product BS with a new drone every week or two.
But this drone thing is an expanding global market and everybody wants in.
in my own state of New York about 70 miles from where i live there is the largest drone research and facility in the United States..... Northeast UAS Airspace Integration Research Alliance Home » NUAIR Alliance

There is a line in a famous movie (here in the states) "if you build it they will come" and while I am not a by any extent a fan of China I have many many of my elected politicians in Washington DC lining their personal pockets with big money doing buisness through their adult children setting up lucrative deals with China.

Also I am old enough to remember when ANYTHING made in Japan was just junk. Today Japan produces some of the best technology and products on the planet bar none. There is absolutely no reason to believe China will not eventually replicate Japan's performance and become a massive global supplier . I am already seeing this in my line of work (i print tee shirts) and what I would see made in Hati, Honduras, VietNam etc now comes in with a tag that says....MADE IN CHINA .
So my point simply is this, we live in a global market and we all work hard to earn and keep our money. We will take that money to task where it best suits our success and nobody forces any of us to buy in restricted markets privately.
mikemoose55

I was sent to Shanghai for the company I worked for about 18 years ago. Had to set up a new production plant that included a massive workforce of about 6 people. My plant was supposed to produce small orders of about 10-20 units per order. Our first official order was for 1100 units. I found out that the Chinese workers were extremely concerned with the quality they put out.
They really wanted to learn about the working people in the U.S. and did not approve of politics in China. I tried to caution them to not become like many of us Americans.
They just wanted to build stuff to sell us and put food on their own tables. I remember telling them if they build something we can play with we will buy it all day long. I said at the time I didn't fear them from a military perspective, but one of these days they are going to eat our lunch economically.
They can build junk to sell to others, but wow can they build beautiful, quality stuff for themselves.
Just my 2 pennies worth. The value of my opinion is worth just what you paid for it. Thanks

In consumer and semi-professional and profi drones Chinese companies simple have it all. They already had any necessary manufacturing base for all the components that these kind of drones are build from so there is no wonder. I am only amazed when did this all happened and why nobody from the west did not take bite from that cake as well? Did nobody really see this coming outside of Chinese businesses?

They just wanted to build stuff to sell us and put food on their own tables.
Well said. This is the way normal, productive human beings (i.e., everybody except politicians and bureaucrats) think. They just want to be left alone to work, play and be happy. They understand that the best way to improve their own condition is to produce goods that benefit their fellow man so much that he is willing to voluntarily pay for them with his own money. I don't discriminate against workers in China any more than I do against workers in Alabama or New Mexico. Unfettered voluntary exchanges are always win-win.

I wonder if the recently-announced USA Tariffs are going to make DJI products more expensive?
They might, but my guess is the effect will be small, since there aren't large quantities of steel and aluminum in the aircraft.

Reactions: Skymax
They might, but my guess is the effect will be small, since there aren't large quantities of steel and aluminum in the aircraft.

Yes, there are more Tariffs coming though and we don't know what they cover yet.
It's happened before, in the 1960's a Japanese car cost 27% more in Import Tax than a locally made one.
Any Electronic product i want to buy from the USA has 30% import duty and 10%GST plus a very big Shipping cost, meaning Australians do not buy their Tech products from the USA anymore.
Our gov is about to increase the Import tax by up to $7 per parcel on anything bought from overseas no matter what category product it is or how much the purchase price.

Reactions: RolandW
Ther most likely will be some kind of a trade war between America and china but if capitalism prevails everyone will play nice in the sand box eventually.
It will be tit for tat for a while but when the money stops flowing things will even out. There is a line in one of my favorite Clint Eastwood movies that that I always try to remember in such situations, it goes like this.....
"everyone dies a little bit in a war"
mikemoose55

Reactions: Skymax
I think mikemoose's general idea is what will happen, the chinese would rather make money than a trade war.
It's happening globally, the germans are complaining that the chinese are making solar panels as good as theirs, exporting and selling them cheaper in Germany than they can.

There is nothing advanced about DJI engineering or manufacturing, and there are many fundamental physics flaws. They are built like toys. There are many American Drone companies but they don't have the funding to set up Marketing and Advertising ahead of sales.
We need funding to launch industrial flying-tools that work for the betterment of Humanity.

i would have bet a million dollars someone would feel the need to say this.
Yes i know its privately owned and not controlled by DJI and that it has multiple sub forums.
But i would think that this subforum, named MavicPilots, is predominately about a DJI product, and if i was to start regularly discussing another drone i would be asked to post elsewhere.
but thanks anyway for pointing out my inaccuracy

i will now restate
I guess this is a privately owned forum, that has other subforums about other drones, but this sub forum is mainly about DJI, so i would imagine most here may have a leaning towards DJI products. But they may of course have other brands as well.
(i think my original post was just easier)

There is nothing advanced about DJI engineering or manufacturing, and there are many fundamental physics flaws. They are built like toys. There are many American Drone companies but they don't have the funding to set up Marketing and Advertising ahead of sales.
We need funding to launch industrial flying-tools that work for the betterment of Humanity.
I think we just need western countries that get decent support in this industry. I know the drone industry (in fact aviation in general) in Australia receives little to no Goverment support. In the end the Chinese can mass produce products and get them out at a reasonable quality. After WW2, anything that came out of Japan was just crap. It was mass produced because they had factories to spare and they produced rubbish. Now most products out of Japan may be considered good quality and better than most. I can see China coming down the same road. 10-15 years ago we wouldnt have touched anything chinese. Cars and bikes where especially of poor quality. In that time i have seen some cheap rubbish make it onto the roads and tracks here, but each year they are getting better and better.
I agree we should all support local and domestic companies, but at the end of the day, the mighty $ just makes it to hard.
I know of one big drone/rc aircraft company that started out in the States, and was doing ok, but have since found the need to move to China due to $$ and they are now doing very well

What about Tello pilots?
Dronepilots own the forums in this group so I would say yes on that one too .
I will ask an Admin and if wrong post it back here though .:)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky