DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Everyone what your longest distance flown 1way

4120 feet. Still had plenty of signal. Will try to go farther once the wind dies down.

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Back in 2014 I got into long distance with my P2 HD-3D with the Go Pro, I got adventurous with my P3 Standard and after 1500 meters it went snorkeling in a lake close to the house. Last week another member of my RC Club lost his drone after climbing to over 500 feet with a strong wind, lost signal and lost the thousand dollar drone he was flying. The drone he was flying did not have RTH. All I can do is offer this suggestion, if you do not need to fly long distances, don't. The higher and further you go, the better the chances of getting into trouble and loosing your Phantom or Mavic. In my opinion, it is not worth the risk, just for bragging rights. However, if you have the money to buy Mavics or Phantoms and don't care about loosing one, then go for it. If you remember, those who got federal permits, you can not fly out of sight, 1000 feet is out of sight. It is even better if you video the long flight but fly being warned.

Reactions: WindShear
Perhaps people could add which version Mavic they are using to achieve the distance?
I've seen well over 10000ft ~ 2 miles with a CE marked machine being in the UK.
This was done over open countryside and looked to have signal strength left for a little further.
I would expect our friends in the US to greatly exceed this, but just interesting to see how a CE Mavic performs with its limited transmission power.

Reactions: rigor
Perhaps people could add which version Mavic they are using to achieve the distance?
I've seen well over 10000ft ~ 2 miles with a CE marked machine being in the UK.
This was done over open countryside and looked to have signal strength left for a little further.
I would expect our friends in the US to greatly exceed this, but just interesting to see how a CE Mavic performs with its limited transmission power.

Firmware 0.400 in Italy: 17.100 feet with little interruption of signal and I return home for battery alarm.

I have done well over 2 miles in the uk too and still had full signal i did it in sports mode so the battery was going down quick im going to try it again in gps mode. i should get 3 miles i would guess :)

3.335 meters, flight was above sea at 20m height. Had plenty of signal, 4/5 bars both video and rc. Did not push more since I was filming a small island

7d874ac04b5806a60f303249d6dc52b6.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569