DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Exactly how do you shoot the Moon ?

If there is a Trick to shooting the Moon than I dont know what it is.. That moon is very elusive , and does not want to be photographed by the drone.

I find it near impossible to capture any detail in the Moon .

View attachment 135073

Flying at Night Protect those above you.

View attachment 135074

View attachment 135076

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your air 2s in the Rain and Capture the storm.
My other hobby is Astrophotography, this is my backyard set up.

The best time to photograph the moon is when it’s high in the sky so your dealing with less atmosphere. The atmosphere will causes distortion, you don’t want any Astro photos near the horizon. Another problem is the moon is really bright. I can’t use this 10” astrograpgh scope on full power when looking at the moon, I put the cover on the scope then remove a smaller portion of the cover that opens a 3” hole to let light in.

To get the best detail you want that shutter as fast as you can crank it and still get the proper exposure, the longer the aperture is open the more atmospheric distortion will occur and you will loose detail.... photo will look blurry when you zoom in on it. Play around with you iso, try something like 400-800 but a really fast shutter speed.

And you will never get good detail of the moon while still having the foreground of earth properly exposed, not in video, if you want a properly exposed moon and earth in one photo you will need to create a composite photo, possibly a simple HDR shot could do it? As I said the moon is really bright, if you get it properly exposed then you loose the foreground here on earth.

Attachments

• F122CC14-3D54-43BA-8519-8E83770BDB6C.jpeg
    F122CC14-3D54-43BA-8519-8E83770BDB6C.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 7
Now that is just cheating, But would love to see some pics from that Gigantic Tube.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.
Don’t have many with me at the moment, here’s two of the Orion Nebula. Unstacked single images around 45 second exposures. EQpro 6 mount F4 10” Skywatcher with Star Shoot auto guider. I always encourage anyone with just binoculars to go out and check out the night sky, you’d be surprised at what you can see, you can even see the nebulosity haze around the Orion Nebula with average binoculars. And you know what they say, if you want to keep kids off drugs get them into Astrophotography they will never have money for anything else lol.

Attachments

• 00B912A5-1ED4-4DAA-87D3-E83B1020B7BA.jpeg
    00B912A5-1ED4-4DAA-87D3-E83B1020B7BA.jpeg
    45.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 31459F27-D587-4095-9CBF-36017AC42CF2.jpeg
    31459F27-D587-4095-9CBF-36017AC42CF2.jpeg
    587.8 KB · Views: 7
Don’t have many with me at the moment, here’s two of the Orion Nebula. Unstacked single images around 45 second exposures. EQpro 6 mount F4 10” Skywatcher with Star Shoot auto guider. I always encourage anyone with just binoculars to go out and check out the night sky, you’d be surprised at what you can see, you can even see the nebulosity haze around the Orion Nebula with average binoculars. And you know what they say, if you want to keep kids off drugs get them into Astrophotography they will never have money for anything else lol.
Those are nice. How strange that my favorite painter , just painted something very similar.
Fast Speed.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi