DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Example of Wildlife Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but in times when 25000 kids died daily from hunger chasing after some drone pilot “harassing” birds is nothing more but a feel good waste of time.
There are enough drama in world to put your effort into.
You do more for birds than for hungry kids? Not a good example of real care. Just an agenda.
Anytime one feel an urge to do good by contacting authorities- start by helping kids. Always. After you done helping kids please help birds.

Looks like you just joined recently. This is a thread about documented wildlife harassment by drone, not starving children. The said drone operator is setting a bad example by chasing wildlife (Bald eagles in this case). And yes, protecting wildlife matters to many of us. Apparently not you. I personally donate 2 - 4 months of my time each year to protect wildlife from negative human impacts and so when I see someone chasing wildlife with a drone I take it personally and why I brought attention to the video in the first post of this thread. The helicopter near-miss is also relevant for obvious reasons. No doubt many members here also contribute time and money to help needy families and children. If you'd like to address that, maybe go to the off-topic forum.

OK guys This should have been reported way back and to clean this up it would take away many post .
This is a Drone forum as was said and @SparkPlug you are new and must have not read our guidelines but suggest you do .
Community Rules
Carry on guys but lets get back on track if possible and if not someone just report it and I will fix all this .
:::.jpeg.jpeg

OK guys This should have been reported way back and to clean this up it would take away many post .
This is a Drone forum as was said and @SparkPlug you are new and must have not read our guidelines but suggest you do .
Community Rules
Carry on guys but lets get back on track if possible and if not someone just report it and I will fix all this .
View attachment 64624

Reports went in earlier and replies were received from FAA and USFWS already as shown on posts #26 and #27.

Reports went in earlier and replies were received from FAA and USFWS already as shown on posts #26 and #27.

I think @dirkclod is referring to reporting inappropriate content in the thread to the moderators, not reporting flying violations to the FAA.

Reactions: dirkclod and AMann
I think @dirkclod is referring to reporting inappropriate content in the thread to the moderators, not reporting flying violations to the FAA.

Ah, Ive read that wrong, thanks. I havent seen any issues later on since I used the ignore function, Its a good tool. Carry on! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
I have a good friend that works for the Peregrine Fund, World Center for Birds of Prey. I asked him about flying in areas with a lot of birds of prey. He tells me that they are considering using drones to check nests for eggs and chicks. They feel it's much safer and easier than rappelling down a cliff to check.

I have a good friend that works for the Peregrine Fund, World Center for Birds of Prey. I asked him about flying in areas with a lot of birds of prey. He tells me that they are considering using drones to check nests for eggs and chicks. They feel it's much safer and easier than rappelling down a cliff to check.

Safer for the workers, certainly. I wonder which is more disturbing for the birds. A Matrice or similar with a Z30 might be the best solution, provided that the birds don't attack it - that could end badly for all involved.

Reactions: Gringorio and AMann

I used to be a Forest Service wildlife biologist and worked with bald and golden eagles and peregrines. Anyone approaching active nests has to be permitted to do so by the US F&WLS as well as the State wildlife agencies due to potential “take” of nestlings. Biologists approaching nests are usually attacked by the adult birds as well, I think a drone would get hit even harder by the adults and could even harm the birds. Personally, I wouldnt consider this.

Last edited:
He should have put it in sport mode would have caught up with that bird in no time just saying

I have contacted the FAA and reported. Minor BS things I can overlook and say shame on you and shame on me, but this is absolute blatant disregard for the eagles in their natural habitat and dangerous flying activities at the Falls. I am sorry, but I could not let this one go! FAA FSDO in WI has been emailed. URLs for both videos have been provided. Again, minor mistakes and boo boo’s are forgivable, this is NOT!

Respects to All
Jeffrey
Thanks for stepping up.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
He is not very bright on two fronts
1) what he did in both videos
2) posting it up under his own name on youtube for the world to see

as I have seen on a few forums I have been a member of, there are always some really good members that are really good at detective work. Many a time I have seen some people tracked down because of their footprints they left on the internet. Hopefully this tool gets his just rewards
I said as much in the less than flattering comment I left on the video. :) My guess is an IQ in the low double digits(and that’s being generous).

Sorry but in times when 25000 kids died daily from hunger chasing after some drone pilot “harassing” birds is nothing more but a feel good waste of time.
There are enough drama in world to put your effort into.
You do more for birds than for hungry kids? Not a good example of real care. Just an agenda.
Anytime one feel an urge to do good by contacting authorities- start by helping kids. Always. After you done helping kids please help birds.
I’m sorry, but wouldn’t your time be better spent out saving children somewhere, rather than commenting here? I’m sure the internet is loaded with children’s saving forums, this isn’t one of them. This is a DRONE forum, discussing drone related issues.

I’m sorry, but wouldn’t your time be better spent out saving children somewhere, rather than commenting here? I’m sure the internet is loaded with children’s saving forums, this isn’t one of them. This is a DRONE forum, discussing drone related issues.
F0CA5939-D89C-4A71-857E-677DE166A95F.gif

same person as the wildlife harassment. If this guy is a member here, I hope he feels real good about himself, here is another one of his uploaded videos
near miss with a helicopter
he looks to be flying well above 400 feet

The video was still on YouTube, so i reported it to them for display of "dangerous act", since now YouTube have a section on their new guidelines for such video. Let's hope it get removed fast before some news get a hold of their new "breaking news" story ! :(

OK guys you have about got this all covered and have just deleted a post wanting to resort to violence
so this is over . Seems you got em and see no need in this going any further .
dos30bc_8036fb8cf8ced41ca30858df79e7e9af8221ec4f.gif

Reactions: Torcan and AMann
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest