DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Excited about new SC2?

Just came back from doing a comparison around 12 noon in the very bright Arizona sunshine. Oh so much sunshine here in Arizona. This display was only at 64% brightness and it was crystal clear as you can see in the short 30 second video.
What drone were you flying with and how did u attach to SC? Very nice brightness. Great price.

What drone were you flying with and how did u attach to SC? Very nice brightness. Great price.
It's a Holder made just for the Smart Controller. Made by Lifthor and you can get it directly from Lifthor or I got mine from Drone-works.com. It's about $90. I have a quick camera disconnect between the monitor and the Lifthor mount, but I'm getting a shorter one.. don't need all the swivel fwd, back etc. on this one.

One thing I did notice is that with HDMI output on if I enabled screen record in the SC control panel, the video was jerky. As soon as I turned off Screen Record it was spot on. I think it's an issue with the SC. I may have some apps running that are dragging down the 4gb of ram.

It's a Holder made just for the Smart Controller. Made by Lifthor and you can get it directly from Lifthor or I got mine from Drone-works.com. It's about $90. I have a quick camera disconnect between the monitor and the Lifthor mount, but I'm getting a shorter one.. don't need all the swivel fwd, back etc. on this one.
Thanks! But which drone were you flying?

Reactions: RGS2010
I own the SC already and even at 1000nits it's not bright enough on sunny days here in Arizona... so I did this:
2200Nit HDMI display driven by the HDMI out on the SC. I made this video Yesterday, Friday Oct 1st.
Add a 2200 Nit HDMI monitor to your DJI Smart Controller - Rumble
Thanks for the video! I looked at the comparison, and to me it looks like aside from the obvious over saturation and banding the resolution of the cheaper screen is lousy? Like really bad?

At 0:22, those trees on the cheap screen looked like fireballs, then it was confirmed at 0:26 (I paused it) and there is no detail in the cheap screen at all. Terrible.

2:46 it's blown out the sky completely?

The SC on the other had is crisp and clear.

Apologies if I'm missing something...

Thanks for the video! I looked at the comparison, and to me it looks like aside from the obvious over saturation and banding the resolution of the cheaper screen is lousy? Like really bad?

At 0:22, those trees on the cheap screen looked like fireballs, then it was confirmed at 0:26 (I paused it) and there is no detail in the cheap screen at all. Terrible.

2:46 it's blown out the sky completely?

The SC on the other had is crisp and clear.

Apologies if I'm missing something...
Thanks for your opinion but I'll keep using my "Cheap Screen" because in person there aren't any of these issues you pointed out and what good is the Smart Controller screen when you can't even see it because of the sun.

Thanks for your opinion but I'll keep using my "Cheap Screen" because in person there aren't any of these issues you pointed out and what good is the Smart Controller screen when you can't even see it because of the sun.
Fair enough. Some people can't tell the difference between DVD or Bluray (or don't even care). Brightness alone doesn't cut it - hence why quality screens are expensive. Clear AND bright.

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 16.03.57.png

It's always difficult judging video that's posted on YouTube, given it's compressed video. Also, he said he was using 64% brightness which probably helps to keep from blowing out as it would at higher brightness. My SC also can get washed out in this bright Texas sun, especially with viewing it horizontally. The goggles help tremendously even though they are only 720p resolution. The problem with goggles is that you need a spotter here in the U.S. to be legal and proper. Sooooo, the AndyCine appears to be a decent option for solo video jobs. I would love to see a Vimeo posting of your video and maybe even a longer video of your screen. Vimeo does not use compression like YT does.

The screen IS bright, but the idea isn’t.

I get people work to a budget, test stuff out etc. but this only shows that there’s a reason why the Tripltek etc are expensive.

Hell, you can buy a 4K tv for less than $500 now - but is is good? Is the onboard processing up to the job etc? Nope.

Strapping a monitor to another monitor like that? Ugh 🤦🏼‍♂️

Kinda defeats the purpose of buying a fold-up drone when you have to lug that cr@p around.

To each their own.

The screen IS bright, but the idea isn’t.

I get people work to a budget, test stuff out etc. but this only shows that there’s a reason why the Tripltek etc are expensive.

Hell, you can buy a 4K tv for less than $500 now - but is is good? Is the onboard processing up to the job etc? Nope.

Strapping a monitor to another monitor like that? Ugh 🤦🏼‍♂️

Kinda defeats the purpose of buying a fold-up drone when you have to lug that cr@p around.

To each their own.
If you are hiking in the Outback, I would certainly agree. I’m looking for seeing details on a job and show a client what is going on. The big attachment is clunky but if it looks good and gets the job done I might consider it. It’s a shame the new SC isn’t 1500 to 2000 nits and a bigger screen. Oh well, it’s great to have all u guys out there to present all sides of an issue.

If you are hiking in the Outback, I would certainly agree. I’m looking for seeing details on a job and show a client what is going on. The big attachment is clunky but if it looks good and gets the job done I might consider it. It’s a shame the new SC isn’t 1500 to 2000 nits and a bigger screen. Oh well, it’s great to have all u guys out there to present all sides of an issue.
Yep, it’s a great forum 👍🏻

I would have to say though, speaking to your point of showing a client - I’d personally have to stump up for the right equipment.

Even if it is bright, it totally looks like an amateur setup.

I’ve been thinking bigger is better recently, and so I’ve got a great idea, what do you think…

51B74BAB-19C4-4E6E-AF0A-9B432D641C05.jpeg

Reactions: Sjkieffer
Yep, it’s a great forum 👍🏻

I would have to say though, speaking to your point of showing a client - I’d personally have to stump up for the right equipment.

Even if it is bright, it totally looks like an amateur setup.

I’ve been thinking bigger is better recently, and so I’ve got a great idea, what do you think…

View attachment 136059
Yep just hang it on the side of the RV and have a go at it 1633662357097.png

• Haha
Reactions: pommy
Serious question, why not get the whats it called the sun protector thingy, or its useless?
I’ve had two versions on a phone and on iPad and neither work very well, unfortunately.

Serious question, why not get the whats it called the sun protector thingy, or its useless?
I have a sun shield for the SC and it doesn't really help, thus the 2200 nits.

Well Im holding off from SC because I need HDMI 4K live feed out of the RC (some say it is better if you choose Smooth option but I dont tknow the resolution of that) . As I look to the most of the comments the image is jerky on SC and I think this will be solved on SC2 than this will make a bigger hole on my vallet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S