DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Experience with Customer Service - they have vastly improved!

tredelijkheid

Reactions
Fellow Pilots,

Last year I had some serious discussions with DJI support regarding a fly-away incident in Slovenia. The aircraft was lost and the logfiles were analyzed. Everything pointed to an (hardware) error but because I was using Litchi, a 3rd party app. I ended up discussing this in weeks and weeks. Eventually I gave up.

Just recently I had another crash. Did everything by the book without using any other 3rd party Apps. The first remark from DJI was:

“According to damage assessment, inspected there was hard landing/ a crash which damaged the parts. The damage par are back right motor arm, gimbal control board damaged. As it was pilot error by hard landing, the case would be no warranty ruled.”

As you can see in the clip it was not a case of “landing’ – the Mavic just dropped out of the sky…

See:

I have send all data I had an a couple of days later I received the following message:

“1.The aircraft was controlled by pilot in GPS mode.
2.T=17:34,h=166m,Motor current error.
3.T=19:03,h=0m,flight record ended. Conclusion: Communication error between the ESC and the main controller. Warranty.”

From beginning to the end JI was very friendly, really listened to my story had a thorough look at all the data (evidence). I felt quite respected. Thanks go out to Qurles and Stefan.

This very satisfying an professional way of resolving can be caused by:

1. He Support department is no longer understaffed.

2. There were no 3rd party products involved.

3. The success of my Checklist App played a roll. (The Drone Copilot - Drone-CoPilot.com)

4. I delivered so much detail on the case that this was easy to deal with.

5. The DJI support staff finally completed the Customer Friendliness course

Anyway, I felt that I was really treated as a valued customer while there must thousand and thousand cases that DJI needs to deal with.

Thumbs up DJI! Keep up the good work!

Theo, The Netherlands.

Good to hear, thumbs up indeed for DJI for a change.
Almost no-one reports good service.
Your video looked as though you were in extreme fog/mist/condensation, maybe some electronic components shorted?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky